Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

So I've recently just got my first motorcycle. Currently waiting to get into the Motorcycle safety course so I haven't been brave enough to take my motorcycle out on the road yet. I have been practicing in my driveway how to shift into first gear and engage in the clutch. That's about it for now. lol. Hopefully in the next week or so I plan to take the bike out on a sunday morning and try riding around the local streets to get a feel for how it feels to drive on the road without alot of drivers out. I definitely keep you guys posted on my progress.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome! Be sure to look into frame and axle sliders. Little oopsies are bound to happen, and will keep your investment (for the most part) safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Be sure to look into frame and axle sliders. Little oopsies are bound to happen, and will keep your investment (for the most part) safe.
I'll take a look into that. I know it's going to happen. My brother told me it's not if you drop your bike. . .It's when. . . :surprise:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greetings,

So I've recently just got my first motorcycle. Currently waiting to get into the Motorcycle safety course so I haven't been brave enough to take my motorcycle out on the road yet. I have been practicing in my driveway how to shift into first gear and engage in the clutch. That's about it for now. lol. Hopefully in the next week or so I plan to take the bike out on a sunday morning and try riding around the local streets to get a feel for how it feels to drive on the road without alot of drivers out. I definitely keep you guys posted on my progress.
Welcome! Where at in PA? I'm also a first time rider and I live in Eastern Ohio, but work in Pittsburgh.

Stay safe and work on getting sliders for sure. I'm doing the same. Also, if you drop the bike, drop it on it's right side so you have to replace the terrible exhaust :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Where at in PA? I'm also a first time rider and I live in Eastern Ohio, but work in Pittsburgh.

Stay safe and work on getting sliders for sure. I'm doing the same. Also, if you drop the bike, drop it on it's right side so you have to replace the terrible exhaust :grin:
Really? You work in Pittsburgh too? Small world. I work in Pittsburgh and only live about 20 ish miles away in the pleasant hills area.

I'm taking a look at some frame sliders. I'm trying to find some that dont require cutting. lol. T-Rex seems to be decent. I did see Kawasaki made their own, but good lord they want a kidney and half a heart for them.

Yeah this exhaust seems to be very quiet. I would like more of grumble to it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm taking a look at some frame sliders. I'm trying to find some that dont require cutting. lol. T-Rex seems to be decent. I did see Kawasaki made their own, but good lord they want a kidney and half a heart for them.
Head on over to the Frame Sliders Thread to see what other members have installed on their bikes so far.

I'm actually a little surprised that there has been zero mention of Woodcraft's frame sliders thus far. I'll be doing an install this weekend and will post a write up with pictures detailing the quality of the instructions and ease of installation. I like Woodcraft's puck design over the Shogun design.

T Rex setup is pricey and out of stock at the moment, not to mention the footprint of the frame sliders leaves much to be desired.

With Woodcraft, if something happens you replace the pucks for $15 each. I can't find any replacement parts for the Shogun set, so it seems like you'd have to buy some new sliders or use the damaged ones if they are too messed up after a slide. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the Shogun sliders.

For me it's a no-brainer, American company with a stellar reputation, and the "consumables" portion of their parts seem reasonably priced. Same for their clip-ons, they use generic bars that are cheap and quick to swap out if something happens to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Head on over to the Frame Sliders Thread to see what other members have installed on their bikes so far.

I'm actually a little surprised that there has been zero mention of Woodcraft's frame sliders thus far. I'll be doing an install this weekend and will post a write up with pictures detailing the quality of the instructions and ease of installation. I like Woodcraft's puck design over the Shogun design.

T Rex setup is pricey and out of stock at the moment, not to mention the footprint of the frame sliders leaves much to be desired.

With Woodcraft, if something happens you replace the pucks for $15 each. I can't find any replacement parts for the Shogun set, so it seems like you'd have to buy some new sliders or use the damaged ones if they are too messed up after a slide. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the Shogun sliders.

For me it's a no-brainer, American company with a stellar reputation, and the "consumables" portion of their parts seem reasonably priced. Same for their clip-ons, they use generic bars that are cheap and quick to swap out if something happens to them.
Ah neat. I'll be waiting to see your thread on the Woodcraft frame sliders. Being as they have a cheap replacement cost on the pucks I'd be all over that. Plus their design looks really clean. I can definitely appreciate that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Really? You work in Pittsburgh too? Small world. I work in Pittsburgh and only live about 20 ish miles away in the pleasant hills area.

Yeah this exhaust seems to be very quiet. I would like more of grumble to it.
I just installed Trex sliders yesterday and they are great.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Welcome :smile:
Empty carparks on a weekend or sunday are really good open areas to practice your turns etc without having too much in your way to run into if you get off line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just installed Trex sliders yesterday and they are great.
Did you. . .test them yet? :wink:
I like the look of them to be sure. The larger area of the sliders make them look more premium than some of others.

Welcome :smile:
Empty carparks on a weekend or sunday are really good open areas to practice your turns etc without having too much in your way to run into if you get off line.
Yeah I think I found one that I will try riding at next weekend. If it doesn't rain. Hoping the weather man is wrong like usual. But, you all are so friendly I feel obligated to chat for a bit. :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts