Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi All,
New rider here from Tucson, AZ also first bike bought the Ninja 400. Excited to read about the forum. Drive safe all!
Hi, welcom to the forums Shandrade.
There are a couple otheres on here from AZ.. Enjoy the forums, tons of nice people to talk to, and get help as well.

Have you taken any MSC courses...? Ride safe...! :grin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike,
No I have not my wife keeps pushing me towards me taking one but after reading and applying what i read on the manuals to training below the 35 mphs around the neighborhood I feel pretty comfortable. I just have to practice on my turns because I feel that my rear tire is going to slide over and make me fall if i lean too much. My wife took the MSF and she loved it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Mike,
No I have not my wife keeps pushing me towards me taking one but after reading and applying what i read on the manuals to training below the 35 mphs around the neighborhood I feel pretty comfortable. I just have to practice on my turns because I feel that my rear tire is going to slide over and make me fall if i lean too much. My wife took the MSF and she loved it.
Sir there is much to know...
I implore you to take the course if you have no experience on motor bikes of any nature... Like a dirt bike... if your 100% new to Riding on the streets, and bikes in general you need to have guidance - that you can only get by taking that course - Sorry man I'm siding with your wife on this one.

There are a few things you can do to help improve you skillz - in the mean time.... find an empty parking lot, no cars about - and practice figure 8's wide and slow for like 10 laps then 10 laps of controlled and smooth distance breaking laps in a strait line. try reducing your distance coming to a stop 12 feet in front of a bottle or other movable object.

Repeat this several times reducing the size of the figure 8's till you nailed it without putting your foot down going very slow in a tight circle, and your target stopping point is dead on... then increase your speed a little at a time staying in your comfort zone. be very careful and go very slow on the figure 8s, a sudden stop can tip the bike. costing hundreds in repairs, make you mad as heck...

Anyone can drive a bike in a strait line, knowing your in control is a different ball game, and takes time... Take a class sir.... Please.

Last but not least - you are right about how far you can lean the bike..... A large majority of bike wrecks are due to cornering errors. Take the class.
Its can and will help you - and give you some confidence, point out mistakes to avoid and so much more.

Can you do this on your own - Absolutly... But you learn so much faster if you take the course first. its a smart thing to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts