Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very fired up about the ninja 400 but I have a couple of issues. I rode dirt bikes when I was younger, then 2 years ago (so I do have motorcycle endorsement) I bought a Honda 150 scooter, the scoot was fun but I couldn’t go over 50mph without feeling totally unsafe, if would vibrate and wind would blow it everywhere over 50 mph.
My issue is the nearest Kawasaki dealership is over 50 miles away, making me have to make my first drive down a very bust I-10 interstate……… I am pretty sure this is not an option for my 1st ride, do some dealerships deliver?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am very fired up about the ninja 400 but I have a couple of issues. I rode dirt bikes when I was younger, then 2 years ago (so I do have motorcycle endorsement) I bought a Honda 150 scooter, the scoot was fun but I couldn’t go over 50mph without feeling totally unsafe, if would vibrate and wind would blow it everywhere over 50 mph.
My issue is the nearest Kawasaki dealership is over 50 miles away, making me have to make my first drive down a very bust I-10 interstate……… I am pretty sure this is not an option for my 1st ride, do some dealerships deliver?
Yes, many dealerships are willing to deliver (might be a good idea to not ask them until you've got a good deal on the bike under contract). If that's not an option, are their lower-traffic side roads you could take? From an engine break-in perspective, interstate miles aren't ideal anyways, so the stop & go of a different, more indirect route could be good.

Otherwise... got any buddies who could ride it back for you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My bike was delivered for free. It was a rainy day and there was no way in **** I was gonna ride in that. But the 400 is very easy to ride on the freeway or at interstate speeds. As far as the wind? It is windy but just tuck in. Makes a world of difference. There is nothing about this bike that is intimidating. Like you I came from riding dirt. This bike is very flickable and very easy to manoeuvre.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts