Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger and got a new Ninja400. I haven’t had any msf training yet so next month hopefully I can get her on the road and broken in. I’ve done some mods radiator guard and frame sliders so far. What other mods are necessary on this bike ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new bike. I personally stick to the basic mods like air filter, slip-on exhaust and touring windscreen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and congratulations on your new bike. I personally stick to the basic mods like air filter, slip-on exhaust and touring windscreen.
Thanks I’m excited to get it going. I think a touring windscreen will come in handy for this North Dakota wind.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I used to live in Bismarck (Milwaukee suburbs now). Where you at?

I don't believe that I'm actually saying this to a North Dakotan, but you will most definitely enjoy heated grips. I bought some by Oxford with 5 levels of heating, and mounted the controller on the left handlebars so it would be easily used while moving (I had to bend the bracket to make it fit best). There's another one that has the control switch built into the left grip, but it hadn't had many reviews at the time I was buying so I couldn't judge whether it was a good deal or not, but it would look less clunky.

Oxford Heaterz Premium Sport Motorcycle Heated Grips - Ninja 400 '18-'19 - Kawasaki - Shop by Bike | TwistedThrottle.com

Koso Apollo Heated Grips | 10% ($12.99) Off! - RevZilla

As a new rider, consider not rushing in to mods too fast. Especially the very expensive ones. Let your riding style develop and you will guide yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to live in Bismarck (Milwaukee suburbs now). Where you at?

I don't believe that I'm actually saying this to a North Dakotan, but you will most definitely enjoy heated grips. I bought some by Oxford with 5 levels of heating, and mounted the controller on the left handlebars so it would be easily used while moving (I had to bend the bracket to make it fit best). There's another one that has the control switch built into the left grip, but it hadn't had many reviews at the time I was buying so I couldn't judge whether it was a good deal or not, but it would look less clunky.

Oxford Heaterz Premium Sport Motorcycle Heated Grips - Ninja 400 '18-'19 - Kawasaki - Shop by Bike | TwistedThrottle.com

Koso Apollo Heated Grips | 10% ($12.99) Off! - RevZilla

As a new rider, consider not rushing in to mods too fast. Especially the very expensive ones. Let your riding style develop and you will guide yourself.

You know what thats a really good idea even in these early summer days my hands get cold even with gloves. But I went to UMary in Bismarck now I'm in Fargo.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You know what thats a really good idea even in these early summer days my hands get cold even with gloves. But I went to UMary in Bismarck now I'm in Fargo.
I never lived in Fargo, but I liked the town. That area has been growing nicely. The downtown area seems to be keeping lively as well.

I've found that heated grips are good throughout the year--cool mornings, higher elevations in the mountains, etc.

Here's my full build: Touring Build

1 - 9 of 9 Posts