Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi fellow kiwi riders :),
I just picked up my ninja 400 KRT edition yesterday. Was recently side swapped by derb driver. Yamaha R3 was written off. Was going to go for the black ninja. But dealer offered to give me a KRT edition without charging me ORC.

Very upset at the moment as I found a deep scratch on the side mirror when I got home. Hopefully dealer can find a solution to this. I should have checked before I rode off the showroom floor.

Anyway. Great to meet fellow ninja 400 in this forum from NZ. Would love to have a ride together one day.

As for mods. I am currently looking at a mussari gp slip on. Had a akra on my yamaha R3. Will try the underdog and see how it goes.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
:moved:
Hi JayJ, welcome to the Ninja 400 forum. I've given you your own intro thread rather than piggy back in on Chaotic's. Gave me a chance to use the 'moved' emoji Ha ha. You may like to add your location to your profile too.

What part of the country you in? I'm right down the bottom of the S. I. We have another member in Christchurch but that's it for down here.

Hey bummer about the mirror. If dealer wont replace it then get a price off him for a new one and then let me know and I will sell you one of mine for less. Mine are just sitting on shelf collecting dust as I have bar ends.

Those mussari's are loud!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi fellow kiwi riders :),
I just picked up my ninja 400 KRT edition yesterday. Was recently side swapped by derb driver. Yamaha R3 was written off. Was going to go for the black ninja. But dealer offered to give me a KRT edition without charging me ORC.

Very upset at the moment as I found a deep scratch on the side mirror when I got home. Hopefully dealer can find a solution to this. I should have checked before I rode off the showroom floor.

Anyway. Great to meet fellow ninja 400 in this forum from NZ. Would love to have a ride together one day.

As for mods. I am currently looking at a mussari gp slip on. Had a akra on my yamaha R3. Will try the underdog and see how it goes.
Weow! Awesome to see so many Kiwi's on here :)
Welcome welcome. What area are you from?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im from Auckland same as Chaotic.

I wasn't able to get much sleep last night.

Dealer can turn around saying there was not any scratches when it was on the show floor.

I am bringing the bike in Tuesday for the sales to take a look. If they refuse to replace it, they have just lost a returning customer.

I got my Yamaha R3 from them, and out of their good service i went back to them again with my insurance pay out.

Any tips on how to ensure they replace my side mirror ?

I was quite skeptical about the mussari pipe but have had a look on Youtube with the ones on Ninja 300.

Planning to take out the baffle. Good luck neighbours! Hehe.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Im from Auckland same as Chaotic.

I wasn't able to get much sleep last night.

Dealer can turn around saying there was not any scratches when it was on the show floor.

I am bringing the bike in Tuesday for the sales to take a look. If they refuse to replace it, they have just lost a returning customer.

I got my Yamaha R3 from them, and out of their good service i went back to them again with my insurance pay out.

Any tips on how to ensure they replace my side mirror ?

I was quite skeptical about the mussari pipe but have had a look on Youtube with the ones on Ninja 300.

Planning to take out the baffle. Good luck neighbours! Hehe.
Get them up against the wall with one arm pinned up behind their back and keep tweaking it until they relent.
:devil:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get them up against the wall with one arm pinned up behind their back and keep tweaking it until they relent.
:devil:
I do not want to end up in jail over a mirror :p

Worst case scenario, Ill replace with carbon fibre mirrors i can find on ebay.

And they lose a loyal customer!

Any must have mods? (Currently waiting for bobby pin, shorty lever, tank pad and exhaust)

Quite keen to get rid of the fender and maybe add a few decals (+4hp)

I am still new to this N400. Parts i took of my R3 can't go on it! Argh! Even my ram mount. Need to get a different base :(

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi JayJ92! 'derb' driver? As in demolition derby driver?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Chaotic.

Im from Auckland as well! We both have the KRT edition :surprise:

Awesome! You should come out with us when we head out for catch ups. Headed out last night for a nice cruise with mates.
Finally managed to pair my Sena to their Freecoms and the insanities in which I was privy too had me laughing the whole ride, we're a good bunch, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Who did you grab the bike off if you don't mind me asking? :angel:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! You should come out with us when we head out for catch ups. Headed out last night for a nice cruise with mates.
Finally managed to pair my Sena to their Freecoms and the insanities in which I was privy too had me laughing the whole ride, we're a good bunch, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Who did you grab the bike off if you don't mind me asking? :angel:
I am keen to come along for a cruise!

I was also thinking of getting a Sena, but the cost is a little too high, and also my HJC helmet does not go well with the speakers.

I got a BTS2 about 50 bucks, feels like the speaker is digging into my temple.

I got the bike off Red Baron.

They have agreed to replace the mirrors and will be in stock 2 weeks later.:smile_big:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am keen to come along for a cruise!

I was also thinking of getting a Sena, but the cost is a little too high, and also my HJC helmet does not go well with the speakers.

I got a BTS2 about 50 bucks, feels like the speaker is digging into my temple.

I got the bike off Red Baron.

They have agreed to replace the mirrors and will be in stock 2 weeks later.:smile_big:
That's awesome news.
I purchased mine off Mr Motorcycle and they delivered to me up here as the service from Spectrum was shocking to say the least.

Glad they've come to the party! :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts