Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
i think it will, Kawasaki aint yamaha hehe
Kawasaki already has a Z125 in the US though - their version of the Grom. Since there's no tiered licensing here in the US, I really doubt the bike manufacturers see a demand for a small displacement full-size bike.

Reactions: Foohy270

·
Registered
119 Posts
The project for european market :
( from 16 years old with the A1 driving license )

Z125 :

Ninja 125 :

Single cylinder 4stroke 124,9cc 11,3kw/15hp Euro4 compliant

Probably revealed at Paris Motorshow early october

Target : KTM DUKE/RC125, Yamaha MT/R125, Honda CB/CBR125, Suzuki GSX-S /GSX-R125

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kawasaki already has a Z125 in the US though - their version of the Grom. Since there's no tiered licensing here in the US, I really doubt the bike manufacturers see a demand for a small displacement full-size bike.
its a full size bike like the ninja 300 with a small displacement engine same with the z its a smaller z series naked not a pit bike like the existing z125

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and what are you talking about? a lot of people got angry that Kawasaki removed its 300 leaving no real small displacement motorcycles left, this is there way of bringing back a fun bike to learn on which will probably cost around 3000 usd or less. I think its a great idea, dont think 125cc is big enough and should be at least 200cc but hey cant judge to much just yet until we see it :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
and what are you talking about? a lot of people got angry that Kawasaki removed its 300 leaving no real small displacement motorcycles left, this is there way of bringing back a fun bike to learn on which will probably cost around 3000 usd or less. I think its a great idea, dont think 125cc is big enough and should be at least 200cc but hey cant judge to much just yet until we see it :)
id rather stunt that than a grom or z125 so hopefully they do bring it here might be my next bike if they do :wink:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
id rather stunt that than a grom or z125 so hopefully they do bring it here might be my next bike if they do :wink:
if they can make it under 150kgs stock then I might even get it to teach some family members to ride and to practise stunning myself, but if its over 150kgs then there is no point in it.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
if they can make it under 150kgs stock then I might even get it to teach some family members to ride and to practise stunning myself, but if its over 150kgs then there is no point in it.
Yeah being a full size bike will make it an ideal cheap-to-run commuter but also take the edge off the performance for sure. PTW ratio won't be great.
The Suzuki GN125 and Honda CB125 are huge sellers here, regularly in the top 10 yearly sales chart, there's a big market for these bikes.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah being a full size bike will make it an ideal cheap-to-run commuter but also take the edge off the performance for sure. PTW ratio won't be great.
The Suzuki GN125 and Honda CB125 are huge sellers here, regularly in the top 10 yearly sales chart, there's a big market for these bikes.
A Grom is around 105kgs im sure a 140-150 125 ninja is possible

·
Registered
184 Posts
One of my favourite Ninjas is the N250SL (super light) 151kg wet
. . .
Kawasaki also has the naked Z250SL and the upcoming 125s look to be exactly the same as the existing 250SLs (both faired and naked versions), only with smaller (sleeved down?) engines. Maybe the 125s will replace the 250s in some markets (such as the Philippines where they have not been so popular, as far as I can tell).

Attachments

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Kawasaki also has the naked Z250SL and the upcoming 125s look to be exactly the same as the existing 250SLs (both faired and naked versions), only with smaller (sleeved down?) engines. Maybe the 125s will replace the 250s in some markets (such as the Philippines where they have not been so popular, as far as I can tell).
Yeah it's interesting they are (potentially) stuffing 125 engines in 250 size frames. Always going to end in a poor PTW ratio and subsequent lack of performance.
We will soon find out.

·
Registered
N650
315 Posts
I know there are taller riders that lament the lack of 250/300cc engines in a larger size bike frame, and that I can understand. But not sure about 125 in a 250 size bike. Why not just get the 250. I guess this is the bottom end starting again since 400 has crept up, but in that case, it should have been a 150cc bike.

this is there way of bringing back a fun bike to learn on which will probably cost around 3000 usd or less.
But the current price of grom and z125 and honda monkey ...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts