Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
He said the Ninja does not have a slipper clutch?!?! :confused:....they all come standard with a slipper clutch.......

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wondered about that clutch statement, and if it was just that he misspoke or if he didn't know/couldn't tell. If the latter, then I'd want to be a bit skeptical about anything else he was reporting. It was nice to see someone with a 250GP bike (Honda NSR) out on the track in the video. I have a number of friends who race RS125/TZ125s with AHRMA.

·
Registered
308 Posts
YammieNoob is an idiot squid, that doesn't know how to ride and doesn't even know the basic technical information of motorcycles. He just operates on clickbait/outrage. I'm guessing his next ridiculous accident is just around the corner. Then he can beg all his followers for money again to pay for his stupidity, and make some more profit is he doesn't kill himself while riding around on an suspended license. That Porsche driver he slammed into had back injuries to include multiple herniated discs, Yammie has never apolgized. (n)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wondered about that clutch statement, and if it was just that he misspoke or if he didn't know/couldn't tell. If the latter, then I'd want to be a bit skeptical about anything else he was reporting. It was nice to see someone with a 250GP bike (Honda NSR) out on the track in the video. I have a number of friends who race RS125/TZ125s with AHRMA.
Right I agree.

Yeah, I miss the NSR's and TZ days myself in my youth, when I was into trying to become a road racing superstar...I neither had the money or skills, but I tried :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
YammieNoob is an idiot squid, that doesn't know how to ride and doesn't even know the basic technical information of motorcycles. He just operates on clickbait/outrage. I'm guessing his next ridiculous accident is just around the corner. Then he can beg all his followers for money again to pay for his stupidity, and make some more profit is he doesn't kill himself while riding around on an suspended license. That Porsche driver he slammed into had back injuries to include multiple herniated discs, Yammie has never apolgized. (n)
I agree completely and I feel the same way about chaseon2wheels. Some of these Motovlogger guys are so annoying and they are mediocre riders that think they know it all. It amazes me the fallowing some of these guys have.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't know who this guy is but he lost all credibility after the clutch comment and when he said the 400 is "too stiff". What?? A stock 400 is soft as a pillow, as are all the little bikes in this category when they're stock lol Oh and comparing a bike that he's got quite a bit of laps on with one he's never ridden before and then being like "the RC is so much faster!"...yeah that's BS. There's a reason nobody in MotoAmerica is running an RC390 and the grid is full of ninja 400s...and likewise with most club race organizations.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I miss the NSR's and TZ days myself in my youth, when I was into trying to become a road racing superstar...I neither had the money or skills, but I tried :)
I had special-framed 4T singles and twins, but the only 2T I roadraced was when I partnered with a couple of friends and we rode an RD350 belonging to one of them in an AFM Sears Pt 4 hour. The 125 and 250 GP grids used to regularly have 15-20 bikes each in the late 70s/early 1980s.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know who this guy is but he lost all credibility after the clutch comment and when he said the 400 is "too stiff". What?? A stock 400 is soft as a pillow, as are all the little bikes in this category when they're stock lol Oh and comparing a bike that he's got quite a bit of laps on with one he's never ridden before and then being like "the RC is so much faster!"...yeah that's BS. There's a reason nobody in MotoAmerica is running an RC390 and the grid is full of ninja 400s...and likewise with most club race organizations.
This is how he gets views. I bet he said all that on purpose, knowing it was wrong. Tons of people flood the comments to correct him and that in turn makes youtubes algorithm push his content out to more people. This is how social media all works now and why outrage/clickbait articles are so prevalent.

·
Registered
913 Posts
This is how he gets views. I bet he said all that on purpose, knowing it was wrong. Tons of people flood the comments to correct him and that in turn makes youtubes algorithm push his content out to more people. This is how social media all works now and why outrage/clickbait articles are so prevalent.
Interesting...how times have changed...I got all these views legit......I mean its not a million but it was alot for me, lol

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I got a motorcycle video from a race weekend with over 2 million views but it only started picking up exponentially after about 4-5 months. It was really odd. Can't complain though, made over $1000 off that...weekend paid for itself and then some :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wanted to like the RC390, being more aggressive ergonomically and I found the styling quite attractive. However after a test ride I found the engine very underwhelming. It felt stone age and the bike itself gave me a chintzy vibe.

I wasn't keen on Yammienoob originally as I didn't click with his persona. In the past month I started looking at his recent stuff due to the Ninja 400, and can say he's definitely grown up. His recent stuff is definitely not deserving of the mindless hate bandwagon regardless of whatever he's done in the past.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I was tempted to turn it off right after he said “it doesn’t have a slipper clutch”, but I watched the entire video. Many things struct me as odd, like he said he has stock tires and his bike was basically stock like the 400. AND, he was only 3 seconds slower on the 400 than on his track RC. If he was 10 seconds slower that would be more understandable. I have never ridden an RC390, so I can’t comment on it. I used to see some of them a few years ago at the track. But now I rarely see them at track days. It seems the 400 is the hot bike to have these days.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was tempted to turn it off right after he said “it doesn’t have a slipper clutch”, but I watched the entire video. Many things struct me as odd, like he said he has stock tires and his bike was basically stock like the 400. AND, he was only 3 seconds slower on the 400 than on his track RC. If he was 10 seconds slower that would be more understandable. I have never ridden an RC390, so I can’t comment on it. I used to see some of them a few years ago at the track. But now I rarely see them at track days. It seems the 400 is the hot bike to have these days.
Yeah I also watched the whole thing, and not sure if its intentional to get views/clicks or if it was he just really has no clue, but alot of things he said was kind of crap, I also noticed...and it is easy to be an arm chair QB, some of his lines were interesting to say the least, but it could be that front camera and lens playing tricks on actual locations and distances ......but again, yeah he reminds me of a used car salesmen, more than someone who is passionate and knows alot about what he is trying to sell.

I am not like this anymore, but when I was much younger and single, I could tell you everything about a bike and the model and the difference in years. Back when I always had multiple bikes, and changed them out like under garments, off and on road and had a subscription to all the motorcycle publications.

My one best friend who also rode use to play a game when we were driving around in his truck in the summer with the windows down in town, he would say close your eyes and guess the make, model and year. 90% of the time I was exact and could give you all the numbers. I also could tell you how they rode off the factory, what gears and method was best to yank up a nice wheelie on it, and what I liked or dis-liked about them, what pipes and even jet kits worked best in the bike...if I ever owned it or worked on it.........I was not the fastest guy out there, but I loved to ride and motorcycles was my passion through and through.

This guy has always felt more like, he likes to ride enough, but he knows just enough to know more than the average tire kicker out on the lot looking at a car. He also is good at talking and just spewing random nonsense....something else as someone who has done video reviews or how to's, etc. it seems like once you are recording your brain goes completely blank. I have forgot common words and terms that I say all the time before, and called them "thingies" or just random words.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts