Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have been creeping this forum long enough so I decided to sign up today lol. This will be my first sport bike as because of my height I have always been on cruisers. From sitting on 300’s and now 400’s I actually find this style to be more comfortable to me. Hope to be the proud owner of the yellow and grey 400 in 3 weeks. Now gear on the other hand at a budget will be my downfall. ???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, welcome to our forum Mr.6.....Are you really 6' 6" tall? It's going to be a BIG change for you from riding a cruiser....glad to have a convert.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, welcome to our forum Mr.6.....Are you really 6' 6" tall? It's going to be a BIG change for you from riding a cruiser....glad to have a convert.........
Yes I really am 6’6” lol. Weight about 270lbs as well (so picture tall and slim to average (with a big gut when I don’t suck it in lol). It’s a big change I am actually looking forward to, test rode a 300 and a 650 and actually preferred the 300 besides wanting a lil bit more power for my weight. The 400 should do that just fine.

Thank you for the welcome!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Are you sure you will not feel too cramped on the Ninja 400? You may want to get a taller seat to give you some more leg room.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Are you sure you will not feel too cramped on the Ninja 400? You may want to get a taller seat to give you some more leg room.

Thank you and hello fellow NY’er!
Definitely already have plans for such things. As far as the taller seat goes it’s still garbage where I’m concerned because of my weight so I will be having a local shop redo my seat for my size and weight. Will have to figure out what to do about the bars, I can manage but ideally I’d prefer them to be rotated forward to allow for a more wider reach.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I didn't realize you're in NY also. What part do you live?

I bought the bike in late March and have the pearl yellow/gray...seems like this color is really popular in the US. I'm not sure if you checked out the OTD price thread. Have you already negotiated a good deal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't realize you're in NY also. What part do you live?

I bought the bike in late March and have the pearl yellow/gray...seems like this color is really popular in the US. I'm not sure if you checked out the OTD price thread. Have you already negotiated a good deal?
I’m upstate about a hour north of the Bronx in Newburgh.
My OTD with gear and everything else is unfortunately going to be just around $7000, the dealer I prefer because it’s so close and have a good relationship with has been selling the 400’s before he even uncrates them. So I paid full MSRP and fees but I’m ok with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts