Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hope all is well in the Ninja 400 Community,

I'm a new rider, though I have riding experience on a xr80r and kx100 which are all dirt-bikes, however When I took my MSF course I practiced and qualified on a rebel 500, which was a pretty heavy bike. Surprisingly the ride was very comfortable but I knew that the Harley look wasn't the look for me. I've always had a huge love for bikes and Im ecstatic that Im gonna be riding this season.

I went to a local dealer in the Bronx on Commence ave, and I was able to sit on the ninja 400 and 650 and I love the upright riding position and comfort of the 400, it fits me and gives me that confidence of a new rider/short rider. Im a little on the fence of gettin the 400 because I feel like I might outgrow it and want to get something a little faster especially since the 650 and 400 is kinda similar in price after taxes and stuff. I also would like to know how much you guys payed for your ninja 400s.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You'll find a pretty good mix in here of new riders as well as experienced riders some of whom have come from larger bikes (myself included, see signature) back down to the Ninja 400.

I'm enjoying the bike for similar reasons as to why after owning many sports cars over they years I now own a '17 MX-5 RF. That is to say, its substantially more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow...

It may not be the most powerful bike on the streets, but it is still VERY capable. Check out the race circuits if you want to see what they are capable of from a handling perspective..

In all honesty, its plenty of bike for the street to toss around without putting your license in too much jeopardy. If you want to upgrade, it will likely be more about what you think you want than what you need.

Pick one up and if / when you get to the point that you're outriding it, THEN its time to upgrade.

If you search the forum, you'll find a thread where many of us have posted our OTD prices.

And welcome to the forum...!

Reactions: screaminscorpion212

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The link to the OTD price thread is here.

BTW it looks like you setup your forum username to be your gmail. If you meant it to be that way, ignore what I just said. Otherwise you should be able to update it in your profile.

What part of NYC do you live?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Welcome, I was surprised when you said there wasn't much of a difference in price between the 400 and the 650. Here in New Zealand there is a big difference 4 - 5K NZD ($2,800 - $3,500 USD) depending on what dealer you buy it off.

I think you would be hard pressed to outgrow the performance of this bike, bigger is not always better. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome. I was also considering the 650 -- a new Ninja 650 is about USD2000 more here in the Philippines and while a used one might have been closer to the Ninja 400 price, I figured a brand new N400 would be way better than a four or five year old N650 (and I think I'm right - besides I didn't like the grey, the only color that the Ninja 650 here comes in).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll find a pretty good mix in here of new riders as well as experienced riders some of whom have come from larger bikes (myself included, see signature) back down to the Ninja 400.

I'm enjoying the bike for similar reasons as to why after owning many sports cars over they years I now own a '17 MX-5 RF. That is to say, its substantially more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow...

It may not be the most powerful bike on the streets, but it is still VERY capable. Check out the race circuits if you want to see what they are capable of from a handling perspective..

In all honesty, its plenty of bike for the street to toss around without putting your license in too much jeopardy. If you want to upgrade, it will likely be more about what you think you want than what you need.

Pick one up and if / when you get to the point that you're outriding it, THEN its time to upgrade.

If you search the forum, you'll find a thread where many of us have posted our OTD prices.

And welcome to the forum...!
Hey Sorry on the late response,
Was trying to figure out how to properly use the site, so far I think I've gotten the hang of it lol, but I completely agree with you. Couldn't have been said any better, I plan on keeping that in hindsight when I decide to purchase the Ninja 400 " More fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow". However thanks for the advice, I think its safe to say I have my heart set on the ninja 400.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum. The link to the OTD price thread is here.

BTW it looks like you setup your forum username to be your gmail. If you meant it to be that way, ignore what I just said. Otherwise you should be able to update it in your profile.

What part of NYC do you live?
Hahah Yeah I realized that after you mentioned it but I was able to change it. Thanks again for the heads up, but I live in Manhattan, so I plan on using the bike as a commuter bike here and their but mainly just for fun, you know just to zip around the city.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I live in Manhattan also. What neighborhood do you live?

I moved here less than a year ago and still adjusting to riding in traffic. For me there's not much zipping around the city since due to traffic, crazy taxi/uber drivers, and a lot of stop/go with all the traffic lights and pedestrians. I find it much more enjoyable to ride outside the city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts