Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’m Guido, I live in the countryside near Palermo, in Sicily. I bought a Ninja 400 few months ago, in truth I bought it for my niece but then she didn’t want a bike and opted for a small car. At the moment I just own the little Ninja but I couldn’t pick it up because of some healthy problems. I decided to keep the bike anyway and use it when my problems are gone.
I know that this can sound “strange” but not too much for me. In fact all my life is a bit strange.
Guido

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Collesano, on the road of the Targa Florio circuit. My previous bike was a MV Agusta F4 it was wonderful on the curves of the Targa and I’m sure that the little Ninja can be even more enjoyable than such a powerful bike. If I found quite easy to ride on those roads with the F4 I’ll surely enjoy the easy handling of the Ninja 400.
You may ask why I sold a F4 to buy a smaller bike. As I said this bike should be a gift for my niece and I had serious problem with my leg so at the first time I’ve decided to sell the bike and stopped my biker experience (after fifty years) but then I thought that if my niece don’t want to use this bike I can do, it’s light and easy to to handle, when I had a test ride I was surprised to find it extremely enjoyable. What a better chance to get back on saddle!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe some of you can help me for a silly thing. At this moment I can use only my iPhone. In the mobile layout I’m not able to find the “like“ button. Does anybody know where I can find the “thanks”, “like” and “dislike” buttons?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome paisan,

My Great grandmother immigrated from the Palermo area. I didn't know her but I knew her brother well. Me and my cousin would hang around his house and garden all summer as kids and he would tell us stories about Palermo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome.
Tracy, I’m the admin of a bikers‘ forum and there we have three buttons to evaluate other members posts (“like”, “dislike” as any “thanks”), here I can see only the “like” button. I thought it depends on the mobile layout, but your reply let me think that probably it’s the engine of the forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
Welcome to the forum Guido. You have a great bike for your roads! We only have the like button, a bit of a handicap compared to other forums. Feel free to post your thoughts until someday when management will gift us more tools!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That forum is a BMW riders forum (I had four BMW) there I found a lot of friends. Some of them now are very close.
It is an American/Canadian forum but there are many Italian members. Every time I could I used to organise a meeting for the Italian members. Then I had a bad accident and I stopped to do it.
Usually I don’t believe in the social network but if you are able to use them in the right way it can be a great thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a question: is there in the forum a section where to post discussions that are not properly regarding the bike’s world and the Ninja 400 in particular (for example about music, books, food or any other interest that we have)? If yes where I can find that section? If not how can we create a section like that?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I live in Collesano, on the road of the Targa Florio circuit. My previous bike was a MV Agusta F4 it was wonderful on the curves of the Targa and I’m sure that the little Ninja can be even more enjoyable than such a powerful bike. If I found quite easy to ride on those roads with the F4 I’ll surely enjoy the easy handling of the Ninja 400.
You may ask why I sold a F4 to buy a smaller bike. As I said this bike should be a gift for my niece and I had serious problem with my leg so at the first time I’ve decided to sell the bike and stopped my biker experience (after fifty years) but then I thought that if my niece don’t want to use this bike I can do, it’s light and easy to to handle, when I had a test ride I was surprised to find it extremely enjoyable. What a better chance to get back on saddle!

Welcome Guido and congrats! Welcome back to riding :)

My Dad's family moved from Sicily around the Great Depression, my grandpa and his older sister were in their mid to late teens when they came to the USA. My grandma also moved from Sicily around the same time

My moms family is from another part of Italy.

I still have many family over there and was suppose to go visit in Sept, but with the COVID crap it put all that on hold, since you have to prepare months in advance for that kind of trip........unless you are very wealthy and can throw money around last minute.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Welcome Guido and congrats! Welcome back to riding :)

My Dad's family moved from Sicily around the Great Depression, my grandpa and his older sister were in their mid to late teens when they came to the USA. My grandma also moved from Sicily around the same time

My moms family is from another part of Italy.

I still have many family over there and was suppose to go visit in Sept, but with the COVID crap it put all that on hold, since you have to prepare months in advance for that kind of trip........unless you are very wealthy and can throw money around last minute.
The fam? :LOL:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts