Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just passed my MSF course last weekend, and now I purchased my first bike today. I can't wait to learn all I can from this bike and work my way up to track days with it!

I purchased the bike an hour away from home. So, I had to ride in traffic, and on the interstate for the first time in order to get it home. She was very forgiving in my inexperienced hands. I have a lot to learn about this wonderful machine and I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Congratulations! And welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling.

I have the candy plasma blue also, and the colour pops in person! Enjoy your steel horse!

·
Registered
145 Posts
God job!

Where in Florida? Are you planning on track days yet? Which tracks?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God job!

Where in Florida? Are you planning on track days yet? Which tracks?

I live in Pensacola, so the closest track is Skip Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama. I am definitely not track ready yet. I feel I need to get better at the basics of motorcycling first. I am still very much a noob. I am planning on practicing everyday that the weather is nice.

Are you located in Florida?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! And welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling.

I have the candy plasma blue also, and the colour pops in person! Enjoy your steel horse!

Thanks! I love the color and everyone that has seen the bike also likes the color. I love how the shade of blue changes in the light.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations!

Pensacola? Just came through there on my way back from Mobile. I am looking to buy soon and find Hall’s has some incredible pricing per cycle trader but man, they don’t return calls. By chance is that who you dealt with?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations!

Pensacola? Just came through there on my way back from Mobile. I am looking to buy soon and find Hall’s has some incredible pricing per cycle trader but man, they don’t return calls. By chance is that who you dealt with?

Oh nice! Yes, I purchased through Halls Motorsports Eastern Shore. That cycle trader price is just to get you to call them, they added $1,200 to the price of my bike to get it out the door. That is including tax, title, and tag. Other than that, they were very good to deal with. Also, if you can find a lower price, they will match it. That is strange that they are not returning your calls. I never had any problems contacting them. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just passed my MSF course last weekend, and now I purchased my first bike today. I can't wait to learn all I can from this bike and work my way up to track days with it!

I purchased the bike an hour away from home. So, I had to ride in traffic, and on the interstate for the first time in order to get it home. She was very forgiving in my inexperienced hands. I have a lot to learn about this wonderful machine and I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum.

Congratulations on the new bike. Take it slow you have many years of riding memories to accumulate.:wink:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I live in Pensacola, so the closest track is Skip Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama. I am definitely not track ready yet. I feel I need to get better at the basics of motorcycling first. I am still very much a noob. I am planning on practicing everyday that the weather is nice.

Are you located in Florida?
Yes, but we're in opposite ends of this big Florida. LOL. I'm in Fort Lauderdale. I do track days at West Palm Beach and some times in Miami. I guess one day I'll make to Jennings and Barber.

Don't rush to get to the track. Get some miles on streets, then highways, and then when you feel confident you can hit the track.
Take a look at Twist of The Wrist II. It's a video available on youtube with riding techniques and all kind of good advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh nice! Yes, I purchased through Halls Motorsports Eastern Shore. That cycle trader price is just to get you to call them, they added $1,200 to the price of my bike to get it out the door. That is including tax, title, and tag. Other than that, they were very good to deal with. Also, if you can find a lower price, they will match it. That is strange that they are not returning your calls. I never had any problems contacting them. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.
Bingo. And that is exactly what I was wondering. They are advertising the KRT for 4800 (maybe 4900). Locally they are sticking to 5400. I think locally I add in 3.5% tax, 330 shipping, and like $200 for doc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, but we're in opposite ends of this big Florida. LOL. I'm in Fort Lauderdale. I do track days at West Palm Beach and some times in Miami. I guess one day I'll make to Jennings and Barber.

Don't rush to get to the track. Get some miles on streets, then highways, and then when you feel confident you can hit the track.
Take a look at Twist of The Wrist II. It's a video available on youtube with riding techniques and all kind of good advice.

Oh nice! I am jealous that South Florida gets all the race tracks. At least I do not have to deal with South Florida drivers lol.

Yeah, I am not going to rush to the track. I have a lot to learn on the street before I need to go to a track. I actually watched the Twist of The Wrist II before my MSF course. I need to watch it again after getting my new bike. There is so much information in that movie it is difficult to take it all in at one time!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh nice! I am jealous that South Florida gets all the race tracks. At least I do not have to deal with South Florida drivers lol.

Yeah, I am not going to rush to the track. I have a lot to learn on the street before I need to go to a track. I actually watched the Twist of The Wrist II before my MSF course. I need to watch it again after getting my new bike. There is so much information in that movie it is difficult to take it all in at one time!
Just don't go watching rossi's videos and then trying that stuff on the street :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts