Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Ninja 400, 2018. Best significant mod - K Tech shock with correct spring..
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm a new member and thank you for having me.
I've been very fortunate to have had over 50 years biking experience on great Scottish roads. Having owned many bikes from 175cc to 1000cc, the little ninja is one of the best ever!
I thought I'd like to share with you recent experiences with two Lextek exhausts. Bear in mind this is just an end can change with original downpipes and Cat. Does it matter what end can you use? You bet!
I'd fitted the Lextek OP16 and the bike ran superb running very smooth and with good power delivery. Out with the baffle and the bike had a noticeable loss of power at lower revs. Baffle back in, running great..
Recently I picked up a Lextek SP4 exhaust. Nice looking exhaust I thought. On it went, out for a run and the bike had a buzz at certain revs and a loss of power also.
Hmm, let's try with the baffle out. Beautifully smooth again, but still I felt, not quite the same oomph!
Well that's a pity I thought as I liked the look of the exhaust. Maybe it's my imagination, I'll leave it for a while and see.
No, after a couple of hundred miles I'm still not convinced it's making the same power as with the other exhaust.
Back on with the OP16 yesterday and bingo! back to a beautiful smooth engine with a definite increase in power.

It may not be the most modern looking
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

exhaust out there but it sure works well with the Ninja 400 (if you keep the baffle in!) and is staying on!
I have to say though that I'd happily buy Lextek again. For the money they are well made and are of good quality. I've covered several thousand miles in all weather's with the OP16 and it's remained fault free and the finish has remained excellent.
I hope you don't mind me making such a lengthy first post but I thought it may be of interest to some of you.
The first pic is with the SP4..

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
1,046 Posts
Second picture reminds me of the older style cans from the late 90's sportbikes.
Simple but very pronounced pipe that beckons a bit of nostalgic love you don't see on the modern bikes.

I have 2 of them on my VTR with baffles removed for a vtwin sound that sings a melodic tune at full send. 🥰

Attachments

·
Registered
Ninja 400, 2018. Best significant mod - K Tech shock with correct spring..
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Second picture reminds me of the older style cans from the late 90's sportbikes.
Simple but very pronounced pipe that beckons a bit of nostalgic love you don't see on the modern bikes.

I have 2 of them on my VTR with baffles removed for a vtwin sound that sings a melodic tune at full send. 🥰
Yup, the VTR is a great sounding bike, I had one some years ago until it was unfortunately stolen and written off..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts