Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The M+S stands for mud and snow. I once road with a guy that road a custom built Triumph with semi knobbies, thought I would dust him but we were pretty even a lot of the ride.
I've been riding The Dragon on sport bikes with the best sticky street sport tires available and been dusted by guys on dirty, ratty dual sport bikes (like a KLR650) with worn out flat in the middle knobbies. And to be perfectly honest, I aint slow on that road. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been riding The Dragon on sport bikes with the best sticky street sport tires available and been dusted by guys on dirty, ratty dual sport bikes (like a KLR650) with worn out flat in the middle knobbies. And to be perfectly honest, I aint slow on that road. :)
In my youth I rode Observed Trials and I'm proud that I was pretty good at it however..... even though I had really good bikes/tires/equipment I've been dusted by guys on old ratty clapped out bikes that looked like they were on the edge of falling apart. That's when I learned it isn't what folks ride but how skilled the folks who ride are.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Love your new tires! You may be a Dirtbike vs. Streetbike rider.
Finally got to watch this! Fun stuff

How did you guys video me in the fields like that🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

lmao

but seriously that scene of them ripping through the field.....The Z dose that well😂😂😂😂. I just get a bit nervous once I break 50Mph the exhaust is pretty dang low on these

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Going to get the front tire flipped today finally.

quick update: unfortunately your bike still accumulates miles even if your front tire is on backwards. Mystery solved......

next time ill try it with the back tire....or maybe.....i can wear my helmet backwards.🧐 that may work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
these kind of tires might help my situation, when I get my bike I have to go through dirt and rocks because of the RV park I live in. but once out of the park it's all pavement with normal riding, i'd like to be able to ride on the freeway at normal speeds ( 70-90 mph ).

bookmarking these thank you, might just swap out the tires when I get my Ninja 400, right from the get go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
these kind of tires might help my situation, when I get my bike I have to go through dirt and rocks because of the RV park I live in. but once out of the park it's all pavement with normal riding, i'd like to be able to ride on the freeway at normal speeds ( 70-90 mph ).

bookmarking these thank you, might just swap out the tires when I get my Ninja 400, right from the get go.
I have them tires at 110 almost every day. They work great at high speeds.
I also have this turn i WAS able to take at 80mph confidently with the stock tires and my new number is a casual 90mph. Pretty sure if I pushed it I can hit close to high 90’s or 100. But i wont. I know a guy that races and did it on a 250 cafe racer at 113mph..... Its a “40mph yellow sign turn”.

the very top long left turn ⬇🤫🤫 its a local favorite

Green Nature Infrastructure Asphalt Road surface

i can do nice big “back in” with these tires too. They are very predictable for me. Ill save the rest for a review

i would Still ask the guys around here based on your situation what tires would be best. I’m no expert.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Also. When I stop today to have that guy flipped the tire on the wheel he asked me .....AGAIN..... what side of the bike the rotor is on.!!!!

he relates the rotation of the tire to the side of the wheel the rotor is on even though the rotor is off of the wheel when he mounts the tire.

I again explained to the dude look at the rotation of the tire that’s on there before you take it off is it clockwise or counterclockwise that’s all the information you need. Stop over complicating it man

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Also. When I stop today to have that guy flipped the tire on the wheel he asked me .....AGAIN..... what side of the bike the rotor is on.!!!!

he relates the rotation of the tire to the side of the wheel the rotor is on even though the rotor is off of the wheel when he mounts the tire.

I again explained to the dude look at the rotation of the tire that’s on there before you take it off is it clockwise or counterclockwise that’s all the information you need. Stop over complicating it man
LOL! I feel your pain. :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have them tires at 110 almost every day. They work great at high speeds.
I also have this turn i WAS able to take at 80mph confidently with the stock tires and my new number is a casual 90mph. Pretty sure if I pushed it I can hit close to high 90’s or 100. But i wont. I know a guy that races and did it on a 250 cafe racer at 113mph..... Its a “40mph yellow sign turn”.

the very top long left turn ⬇🤫🤫 its a local favorite

View attachment 24949

i can do nice big “back in” with these tires too. They are very predictable for me. Ill save the rest for a review

i would Still ask the guys around here based on your situation what tires would be best. I’m no expert.
I swear, that reminds me of the good old days when I would go to my favorite clover leaf and spend hours playing on it. That may be why I still suck at right hand turns. :)

Or is it left. I forget but I suck at one of them. :)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts