Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I’m Virginia resident who’s about 60 miles south of DC. I’ve been riding street for 28 years and riding motorcycles for 34 years!

I have a Superduke 1290 R, a Van Van 200, a Z125, and I’ll be picking up a KRT ninja 400 on Monday. I already have an Akrapovic slip on waiting to go on. My only issue with the bike was the exhaust shield/foot contact.

I’m looking forward to hopping on another ninjette. I’ve had a 97 EX250, a 2013 KRT 300, and now this one. Despite being a mid 40s tub of guts, I still love ringing little bikes out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi.

I’m Virginia resident who’s about 60 miles south of DC. I’ve been riding street for 28 years and riding motorcycles for 34 years!

I have a Superduke 1290 R, a Van Van 200, a Z125, and I’ll be picking up a KRT ninja 400 on Monday. I already have an Akrapovic slip on waiting to go on. My only issue with the bike was the exhaust shield/foot contact.

I’m looking forward to hopping on another ninjette. I’ve had a 97 EX250, a 2013 KRT 300, and now this one. Despite being a mid 40s tub of guts, I still love ringing little bikes out.
Welcome to the forums Sir...
You'll find there are a few other riders here from Va, and allot of content covering the Ninja 400 here on theses forums, Thanks for stopping in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Howdy neighbor

Hello from Augusta County! I’m about a half hour west of Charlottesville, right near the northern entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I just got my 18 KRT a couple weeks ago and I’m a new rider :)

Hi.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you stayed within the suggested 4k rpm range the whole trip your a better man then I, Sir.
I break it in the way I ride it. I don’t spend a lot of time at high rpms. I don’t lug it. I don’t maintain constant speed. I shift a lot. Part of my trip home was Route 66. It’s 70mph and if you don’t go 80 you’ll get run over.

I’ll change the oil a few times til I get 1000 miles then start regular intervals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts