Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im bringing this up here because I bought a Z400 last Saturday and the rear suspension differs on its factory settings. It may or not reflect on the N400.

Basically, The late '19 model Z400 release has changed the factory setting on the rear suspension. May not be a big deal, but on my Z400 the factory setting has been changed from 2 to 3 on the height and stiffness.

I only bring this up because of the countless reviews and videos I have watched, and one could inadvertently be changing a perfect set up based on old data. I dont know if this is true with the N400 as well, but I guess its possible.

If not ignore, lol.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Im bringing this up here because I bought a Z400 last Saturday and the rear suspension differs on its factory settings. It may or not reflect on the N400.

Basically, The late '19 model Z400 release has changed the factory setting on the rear suspension. May not be a big deal, but on my Z400 the factory setting has been changed from 2 to 3 on the height and stiffness.

I only bring this up because of the countless reviews and videos I have watched, and one could inadvertently be changing a perfect set up based on old data. I dont know if this is true with the N400 as well, but I guess its possible.

If not ignore, lol.
My understanding is that the Z400 has softer spring rates than the N400. I also found out that the forks are different lengths...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts