Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I am missing something but I am having a bit of an issue. Just got the bike a few days ago and it has less than 100 miles on and it has been running just fine. Now when I put the key in and turn it to the on position the engine light, abs light, and red light stay solid. The gear indicator flashes 2 dashed lines along with mpg and the coolant temp flashes. It never shows what gear it is in but will turn over when the clutch is pulled in but not start. Hope someone can help this is frustrating me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Make sure you are in neutral by rocking the bike backward and forwards and have the stand up too.
Does seem odd your gear indicator is flashing.
Do you know how to check for an error code by using the dash display?
If not use the search box to find the thread 'retrieving error codes'.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't know if I am missing something but I am having a bit of an issue. Just got the bike a few days ago and it has less than 100 miles on and it has been running just fine. Now when I put the key in and turn it to the on position the engine light, abs light, and red light stay solid. The gear indicator flashes 2 dashed lines along with mpg and the coolant temp flashes. It never shows what gear it is in but will turn over when the clutch is pulled in but not start. Hope someone can help this is frustrating me.
Welcome to the forums MAD37.

Sit on the bike and roll it forward & back while pressing down on the shift lever, left foot... Do this till the indicator displays a 1 - first gear, then Up-shift to neutral - N. Bike should now start, Also if the kick stand is down with the bike in gear it kills the engine. Check that the Red kill switch on the throttle side - is in the Down/Run position.

Let us know how it went, and tell us a little about yourself and what bike you got, we like photos...

haha Kiwi beat me to it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have tried rocking it back and forth and putting it in 1st and N and it wasn't doing anything and had the kickstand up. Thanks for your suggestions and I will give those another shot in the morning. It is a Ninja 400 to clarify haha and here is a picture since you all like pictures :p

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have tried rocking it back and forth and putting it in 1st and N and it wasn't doing anything and had the kickstand up. Thanks for your suggestions and I will give those another shot in the morning. It is a Ninja 400 to clarify haha and here is a picture since you all like pictures :p
Did you check that the Red kill switch on the throttle side - is in the Down/Run position...?

Definitely one of the cleaner looking Ninjas you got there...! My dealer didn't have that color in stock so I got the one with the new see through Ninja Fairings, Tank and Seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm wondering what happened?
hope it runs now :)

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Did you check that the Red kill switch on the throttle side - is in the Down/Run position...?

Definitely one of the cleaner looking Ninjas you got there...! My dealer didn't have that color in stock so I got the one with the new see through Ninja Fairings, Tank and Seats.

You can't do that just to try and make your bike lighter than mine!
:grin:

·
Registered
295 Posts
You say you have only had bike a few days, if as other post say try kill switch
rocking bike to see if its in gear,if no joy,then stop messing about with it get back to dealers,as soon as you can
get on phone to them tell to come and get it

hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

Took the bike into the dealer I bought it from, and there is something up with it. They didn't know yet what was up with it but as soon as I find out I will let you all know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts