Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys when im shifting gears when accelerating I hear a big pop or like explosion coming form the front of the bike tire area or somwhere undenerath the handle bar unit what is it and is it normal? Also lets say im in 2nd gear and I downshift i once in a while go to neutral and not first why is that? can the gears go from 2nd to neutral? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey guys when im shifting gears when accelerating I hear a big pop or like explosion coming form the front of the bike tire area or somwhere undenerath the handle bar unit what is it and is it normal? Also lets say im in 2nd gear and I downshift i once in a while go to neutral and not first why is that? can the gears go from 2nd to neutral? Thanks!!!
I havent heard any pop sound when shifting gears you might want to take it to the dealer to get it checked. Yes it is easy to go to neutral from 2nd.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's totally normal, it's from bad technique when coming down from a wheelie. Try dragging the back brake instead of chopping the throttle :grin:
Thanks so much for the only one answering me man :) so what’s this called so I can look it up and how do I stop it from happening and is it bad for the bike?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's totally normal, it's from bad technique when coming down from a wheelie. Try dragging the back brake instead of chopping the throttle :grin:
What doesent makes sense to me though is I’m not wheeling :) so what’s the reason

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you 100% sure is not rider error? Not trying to sound like a jacka$$ but i can’t see the front tire making an explosion noise unless it blew.
To be specific it when I shift gears once in a while there’s a noise like a pop or explosion it’s not from the tire but some part in the front of the bike

·
Registered
237 Posts
If it's when you are hitting 9000+ revs and then change gear, it may be induction noise as you are sucking in a ton of air which is suddenly no longer required for the time you pull the clutch in and let off the throttle.

Is it a sort of a poppy whoosh noise, almost like one of those noisy turbo blow off valves?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it's when you are hitting 9000+ revs and then change gear, it may be induction noise as you are sucking in a ton of air which is suddenly no longer required for the time you pull the clutch in and let off the throttle.

Is it a sort of a poppy whoosh noise, almost like one of those noisy turbo blow off valves?
No this is like at 3500-4000 rpm I’m in break in period it doesent always happen but when I uoshift it’s a pop or bang coming form the intake or something infront of the bike

·
Registered
237 Posts
No this is like at 3500-4000 rpm I’m in break in period it doesn't always happen but when I upshift it’s a pop or bang coming form the intake or something in front of the bike
Hmmm, probably best to take it back to the dealer then as some of the other guys have suggested

·
Registered
131 Posts
First off you would be perfect at creating click bait articles. Making lots of money and pissing everyone off at the same time, lol. Oh please don’t do that.

I think you need to just relax and learn how to ride the bike. This is my first bike as well but I have watched hundreds of videos, read many articles, and allowed myself to naturally learn to pick up on things with the bike just from riding. Nothing that has gone on with the bike has seemed to be a concern to me, and it was always evident that it was my error and not the bike.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It could very well just be unfamiliarity with the bike, but if it sounds like something is wrong to you, then I don't know why you'd leave it to chance. Better off knowing for sure whether or not something is working properly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The downshift from 2nd and it going into N, does it do it at speed or at a stop? Before my first 600mi service, i had that problem, they adjusted the shift lever and i have not had that problem since, i also noticed at a stop when it would happen sometimes pushing the bike forward and trying to shift down to first would help.

The pop noise, you sure its not coming from the chain? Might be loose?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts