Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just moved from my old Vstrom 650 to a brand new Ninja 400 today, thought I'd duck in and say hi. I've been riding for nearly a decade, and the Strom was my ride for the last 4 years (since new) but moving to Melbourne (Australia) from more rural areas, and new work that limits my touring (and rego, and insurance and fuel...) meant it was time to change up and downsize slightly.

Currently 29 km in, and loving it! All I wanted from a commuter bike, tons of fun, and a really interesting style and set-up. Funny thing is, a Ninja (when the new 250's were hitting the market years ago) was nearly one of my first bikes, but fate didn't play out that way... now here I am!

Cheers,

Arren

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats on the new Ninja and welcome to the forum! Glad to see that Kawasaki has redeemed itself and pulled you back into the brand. What color 400 did you choose?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome Arren! There are new and experienced riders on this forum and lots of good info on the community. Good to have you and safe riding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it's great to be about!

Congrats on the new Ninja and welcome to the forum! Glad to see that Kawasaki has redeemed itself and pulled you back into the brand. What color 400 did you choose?
I went with black in the end... As much as I love the history of the kwaka green, I've never been a fan of it for my own ride (though the blended they went with this time around does look good)... The orange was tempting though!

Anyone run a poll yet to see where the splits are on it? I kinda wish it had been available in the blue actually (like the 650)

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Hi Arren and welcome. We get different colours down here in Australasia, more limited, but I'm guessing we may get the blue option next year. They didnt offer it on the 650 the first model year (2017) but this year it is an option here.
Kiwi's only get green and black so if you were undecided you could toss a coin! I went with black.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Arren and welcome. We get different colours down here in Australasia, more limited, but I'm guessing we may get the blue option next year. They didnt offer it on the 650 the first model year (2017) but this year it is an option here.
Kiwi's only get green and black so if you were undecided you could toss a coin! I went with black.
That's interesting... Limited shipping space/orders perhaps, and they focus on what they think sells most?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts