Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just picked up a Black 400 a few days ago, and of course the rain has really started to kick in here, so haven’t been able to get out and ride it too much yet. Cant wait to put a few more miles on the bike, still breaking in at 100 miles on the clock.

This is my first new bike and second bike overall (first was an old crappy Suzuki gs450t from the 80’s). Initial impressions are that everything fits like a glove, in 6’0” and about 155 and everything just feels natural. Power seems great, although I haven’t revved it much past 6k yet. Trying to keep it around that recommended 4K! Love the beautiful looks of this bike as well as the very upscale feeling dash display. I’m not familiar with Kawasaki at all, but man the engine makes a lot of noise! I’m sure this is normal but a bit unexpected. Gives it character I guess!

Looking forward to contributing more to a forum, been on them for all my classic cars but haven’t been able to contribute much. It seems like with mustangs, Camaros, and s10s, pretty much everything has been covered already.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum man, congrats on the new 400. I think that you'll find there is plenty more to talk about and share on here. Quite the upgrade you've made from your previous bike, and hopefully you get the opportunity to put some more miles on it soon!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Grats on the new ninja and it must feel so different from something in the 80's. With an old bike like the Suzuki gs450t, I'd assume you had to do a bit of wrenching yourself?

·
Registered
244 Posts
CobraBill, I can advise you my 400 sounded noisey like a sewing machine the first 100 miles, but has started quieting down a bit since then.

What portion of CT do you live (NY, RI, or MA side)?

Glad to have you on the forum and best wishes with your getting out and riding as the weather for my area will not be above 50 f and dry until the 12th.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm on the east coast also, specifically NYC.

@red09 Based on the current NY weather forecast, it's supposed to rain on Fri and snow on Sat. Spring weather seems so far away. :)

Reactions: rde09

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm on the east coast also, specifically NYC.

@red09 Based on the current NY weather forecast, it's supposed to rain on Fri and snow on Sat. Spring weather seems so far away. :)
The weather this past week has been a bad one. The previous weekend was nice. I rode some Saturday in the 50 degree range, but Sunday I was tied up with quite a few things to do I looked at the weather this morning and they were forecating temps in the 60's week after next.
How nice it will be! :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts