Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First bike was an 08 SV650S which I liked well enough but I test drove a 400 and bought it before I left the dealer. I liked the balance of power, suspension, and cost. I commute daily so I really appreciate the lightness and turn in this bike has.

Had to ditch the muffler literally couldn't hear what RPM I was at over 15 mph, bought a Two Brothers and added a P1X tip to quiet it down. It sounds much better (for a 400).

I'd like to make some changes with the controls, particularly the clutch lever assembly and throttle tube twist is about as bad as a stock sv but otherwise I'm really liking it.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Hello there and welcome. :)

I race an '07 SV650 so am a bit of a fan of those bikes. I probably shouldn't say this on here but I think my V twin 650 sounds way better than my 180 deg parallel twin N400. Admittedly the M4 full exhaust probably helps.

Anyways, enjoy your new mount and the forum.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats on the new 400 and welcome to the forum! Really like that color scheme on this bike and it's not all that surprising that you weren't satisfied with the OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice color. Safe riding!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello there and welcome. :)

I race an '07 SV650 so am a bit of a fan of those bikes. I probably shouldn't say this on here but I think my V twin 650 sounds way better than my 180 deg parallel twin N400. Admittedly the M4 full exhaust probably helps.

Anyways, enjoy your new mount and the forum.
Haha, well no sense in arguing against reality there, a v twin 650 is a different class in "whoa" sound. Thats what I'll miss the most for sure. Occasionally when rolling on the throttle out of a regular turn it sounds like I'm riding a golf cart that somebody stole the cat off of. But the 400 definitely holds its own once you get on it (with a slip on especially) and is probably the best parallel twin I've ever personally heard. I really need to adjust what RPM I take turns at, my mental RPM range is skewed from the differing power bands between the two.

Thanks for the welcomes everybody! First time I really got on it was this last Sunday and had a blast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts