Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 N400, USB, Air delete, full exhaust,Hi flow filter/snorkel delete, Clutch springs
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I’ve been using this forum as a resource for a while and figured it was time to officially join. I bought a new 21 Ninja 400 non ABS about a month ago after doing a lot of research. So far I’m really impressed! This is not my first bike, and I feel the 400 strikes a great balance being appealing to both new and experienced riders, and I wanted something I could afford to pay cash for since I don’t believe in financing toys.

I always like to make things my own, so I started making changes to it as soon as I rode it home, lol.
What I’ve done so far:
-USB charger/volt meter
-TST air block off kit
-rear fender delete
-tank grips
-smoked double bubble wind screen
- folding/adjustable levers
-clutch return cable spring mod and Barnett HD clutch springs
-high flow air filter
-Delkovic full exhaust.
I’ll ride it like this for the season, then while it’s put away for winter I’ll pull the ecu and send it off for tuning either to Norton or 2wheeldyno.
Looking forward to being part of the Ninja 400 community!

·
Registered
21 N400, USB, Air delete, full exhaust,Hi flow filter/snorkel delete, Clutch springs
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some pics from this morning after finishing up the exhaust, I’m really impressed with the fit and finish of the Delkovic system.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here it was the day I brought it home. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the teal in pics, but once I saw it in person I love it.
View attachment 19348
It’s funny you like the color more in person than in pics. I think it looks better in pics than in person lol. I’m not hating on your bike at all, I think it still looks awesome(as a Miami dolphins fan I love most shades of aqua/teal). I drive a 2020 black/phantom blue that people either love or (mostly)hate. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, no offense taken at all on the color. Lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock windscreen vs smoked. This is a no name Chinese Amazon special that I pulled the trigger on for $35 based on good reviews. It took almost 3 weeks to get here and literally shipped straight from China, but I’m happy I gambled on it because the acrylic quality looks just as good if not better than stock and it fit perfectly.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Welcome. I like that teal colour, something different. Sweet mods too. The Delkevics get good reviews eh. I had one myself once, just the slip on, should have got the headers too. Made a nice deep note and the volume was bang on for me.
Happy summer riding. 🏍

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Looks good. The teal color took a little time for me at first, but now I think it's an appealing choice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I posted this separately, but here are the clip ons and grips I put on a couple weeks ago. I’ve put a couple hundred miles on it with this set up and I like it a lot better than the stock bars, very glad I made the switch. I rolled over 1000 miles on the little Ninja last week. It’s a great commuter bike with the light weight and nimble handling being perfect for dealing with traffic. But I’ve also had it on a couple longer Highway trips and she’s just as happy cruising along at 80-90 all day. Very impressed with how the 400 works as an overall package!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I definitely recommend the clip on conversion for anyone who thinks the stock bars are a little too high. It was a very straight forward project. If I had tried to install a more aggressive set that mounted under the top triple it would have been a much bigger project and would never work with the stock body work. This set up mounted on top of the triple moved the bar location both forward and down by about 1.5” from stock and just barely clears all the bodywork with no contact anywhere from lock to lock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my Ninja ownership experience was short lived, (wasn’t planning things that way but sometimes life changes quicker than you think). It was a fantastic bike, but my wife and I decided we wanted something bigger we can cruise two up on, and that’s one thing the Ninja just isn’t made for. I sold the 400 and brought this home the other day. Definitely from one extreme to another, lol.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Well my Ninja ownership experience was short lived, (wasn’t planning things that way but sometimes life changes quicker than you think). It was a fantastic bike, but my wife and I decided we wanted something bigger we can cruise two up on, and that’s one thing the Ninja just isn’t made for. I sold the 400 and brought this home the other day. Definitely from one extreme to another, lol.
View attachment 20672
We'll miss you, happy touring!

Reactions: Bax400

·
Registered
813 Posts
At least you kept the helmet. All bikes are good and I've seen people do amazing stuff with bikes similar to yours.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is my first touring bike and by far the heaviest I’ve ridden. I used to have a V-Star cruiser but even that was a featherweight compared to this. I’ve already spent several hours practicing slow speed maneuvers in a parking lot to get used to how it feels. It’s not bad once you get the hang of it. The hardest part has been getting used to the passenger floor boards being down. I never even realized I had a habit of letting my foot trail back a few inches upon start off before lifting it up. Do that with the passenger boards down and you **** near run over your own foot lol! Just a matter of training new muscle memory to lift the foot forward and up instead of back and up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts