Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It's been a while since my first post and still don't have a Z400 in the garage. I decided to stick with the dealer that had taken good care of me years before. Visited them yesterday and was told one (yes, only one) was to be delivered late March-early April. Not wanting to let it get away I put a deposit on it. Pearl White! I already have a pretty long Amazon wish list as well as a new white helmet from Revzilla.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
1,046 Posts
It's been a while since my first post and still don't have a Z400 in the garage. I decided to stick with the dealer that had taken good care of me years before. Visited them yesterday and was told one (yes, only one) was to be delivered late March-early April. Not wanting to let it get away I put a deposit on it. Pearl White! I already have a pretty long Amazon wish list as well as a new white helmet from Revzilla.
Pearl white sounds 🥰
Good luck and post up pics of the pearl sexiness when you can. 🙏👍

·
Registered
2022 Ninja 400 ABS metallic gray/sparked black
710 Posts
I got a few new goodies that are on the shelf waiting for their bike to get here. Oil filters, swing arm spools, mirror extenders and chain brush. Also breaking in a new helmet while doing this post. View attachment 22560
I think they call this "nesting".
Waiting can be tough. I ordered a KLX 230 on Jan 7 and just couldn't take it anymore. When I saw that the Ninja 400s weren't much more money I fulfilled a dream I had since Ninjas were born. I bought one. I'm still walking on a cloud....I just wish this stupid snow would melt.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heck yeah!. Very easy to handle in the driveway yet enough preformance to thrill us old timers.
🐉
Exactly! When you're going to be 77 in four days, it's great that you can get the bike turned about in a townhouse patio.
Of course my newest bike (Honda Grom - built for giggles/mile for old phartz)) is even easier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will be 58 this month and did over 30 track days last season. A few races as well. That was the most I have done in 10 years!!!! I normally average around 20. I rode 4 bikes last season,
N300, N400, GSXR 600 & 750. I sold the 300, maybe I will get another before spring. It was so much fun riding different bikes on the track. Nothing like setting up a BIG bike and passing it with the 300 😎😎😎! RIDING keeps me active and a very good reason to work out regularly. You are never too old, keep on riding until the wheels fall off!!!! Glad to see a good number of us NORTH of 55 still at it!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
I must be at the NORTH POLE at age 77 (in four days).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Anytime I see guys your age with bikes like that I just think to myself "They're so cute at that age".
Beautiful bike Jim. You should name it White Hot.
Congratulations.
Thanks Jesse, I'll consider that. My eight year old granddaughter and I were trying to come up with a fitting name for it yesterday. Just waiting for a sweet young lady to call me cute.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Well, after a couple thousand fun miles I have been sidelined by Cataract surgery. Since having the first eye done the last of July I have taken the bike out 6 or 8 times, some were great but a few had me turning around and going home. It just didn't feel safe, everything seemed flat, no depth perception, curves at speed would have been risky. My second eye was done August 24h. For those of you who have been through this, how long before you felt comfortable riding?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts