Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Registered
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
I tried picking up the Z 400 this way last time I found it lying on the ground but I was never able to manage a decent hold on the back. So I just lifted it by the handlebars. Any tips about what you grabbed on the back are greatly appreciated.
All handle bar on the pick up.
I man handled it up and all that weight training while taking breaks from driving pays off instead of playing on the phone and wasting time.

I can do anything in the truck I could at the gym except jump rope and dead lift. 馃榿
I even got a pull up bar for core work and pull ups in the truck. 馃槀馃槈
Been training all my life so why stop now driving a truck. 馃し馃挭

I'll also make sure not to be stupid again and drop the steed. 馃槆

Registered
69 here, I'm still riding the canyons and mountain roads. My Z400 weighs 346lbs with a full tank, lightest motorcycle I've ever owned.
Great to hear. Riding will keep your brain active and engaged. I'm 59 and still doing (10 to 12) track days a year on the Ninja . I ride a Ducati Supersport for longer rides on the street. Riding is my biggest incentive to stay fit and healthy.

Registered
I will be 58 this month and did over 30 track days last season. A few races as well. That was the most I have done in 10 years!!!! I normally average around 20. I rode 4 bikes last season,
N300, N400, GSXR 600 & 750. I sold the 300, maybe I will get another before spring. It was so much fun riding different bikes on the track. Nothing like setting up a BIG bike and passing it with the 300 馃槑馃槑馃槑! RIDING keeps me active and a very good reason to work out regularly. You are never too old, keep on riding until the wheels fall off!!!! Glad to see a good number of us NORTH of 55 still at it!!! 馃憦馃徏馃憦馃徏馃憦馃徏

Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS in Candy Persimmon Red
56 here and I have my '19 Ninja 400 plus a 525-lb. '20 BMW R1250R. A couple years ago I had a 650-pound '16 FJR1300, before that a few heavy cruisers, including a 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600, and so on. I haven't had a problem with any of their weights, but am fortunate that I remain healthy and have no health issues that might've made their weights problematic. I've been riding since the age of ten -- below is me on my Honda SL70 and my brother and late father on his Honda CL350 -- and I don't plan to stop until it's patently unwise for me or others around me for me to continue...it's been the single connective thread throughout my life, and I can't imagine my life without it. For me, it's much more than a hobby, a way to relax through thrill and focus, sights and scents...it's an inextricable part of who I am, who I was, and a thread that ties me to the memories of those no longer here.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Registered
I look forward to taking delivery of a Z400 in the next few weeks. Thank you for letting take advantage of the great information on this forum. Living in South Carolina I am able to ride year 'round. Dad bought me my first bike in 1964, bought it home from a dealer 30 miles away in the back of a '56 Plymouth (seat removed). Over the years I have owned a number of motorcycles; Yamaha (80-1300cc), Honda 650, BMW 1150, Moto Guzzi 850 and Suzuki Burgman 400. This will be my first Kawasaki. Very excited to start putting some miles on it. I'll be 74 soon and not being as strong as I once was I expect the lighter bike will be a blessing.
Being an older guy you should order a Corbin seat. Your body will thank you.

Registered
2018 N400
I only started riding 2 years ago and I'm turning 60 this year. Started out with a Honda GROM and then got the Ninja 400 last May. I have a newly-purchased Ninja 1000 SX now and I am afraid to ride it b/c of the weight. We'll see once it warms up and I can actually ride it, but there's no way I could right it if i dropped it. The Ninja 400 is about as heavy of a bike as I can manage to prevent dropping. No such luck with a 500+ pound bike.
I rode the 1000sx the past two years at Kawi's demo day. I love the bike. its a little tall for me though. This past year at a stop light with a weird road crown, I somehow dropped the bike on the right side after holding it up with my left foot for a few seconds. I was able to pick the bike up easily and quickly by just the handle bars. Unfortunately the team member in the rear saw me and right after I got it up he was besides me telling me to get back off it. He wouldn't let me ride it back and I had to ride his z650 back. I also got banned from riding the rest of the day 馃槀 I still love the 1000sx though

Registered
The OEM Ergo seat is squishy, and not in a good way. It鈥檚 better than the thin stock seat, but too soft for me and has the same slope toward the tank. I ordered the Norton seat a week ago as a replacement.
I didn鈥檛 notice the Kawi Ergo seat being squishy, for me it鈥檚 a better fit with the rear sets I have on the bike. I can get into a more comfortable position since it鈥檚 an inch taller than the stock seat. I always wear leather pants so the seat feels fine on my rear 馃槑. At the time I ordered it I think the Norton seat was more doe.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts