Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’ll be getting my first bike around August (having a surgery over summer and I work for my school district so waiting until i have paychecks again lol) and can’t decide between the Ninja 400 or the XSR 700. I’m 25 years old, not going to be flying around everywhere, and believe I could handle the 700, its the same engine as the FZ-07.

My only concern really is being bored with the Ninja 400 before I even have it paid off (2 years with my planned down payment amount)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Since this is going to be your fist bike I definitely wouldnt be going for a 700cc option. The 400 will be more than ample.
I'm amazed that a new rider is even allowed to ride a 700cc bike! Most other western countries have learner licence restrictions for good reason.
I'll stop now before I sound like someones Dad! :grin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ninja 400 gets to 100MPH pretty smartly...and can stay there all day. Fairings really nice for that protection from the elements too...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello, I’ll be getting my first bike around August (having a surgery over summer and I work for my school district so waiting until i have paychecks again lol) and can’t decide between the Ninja 400 or the XSR 700. I’m 25 years old, not going to be flying around everywhere, and believe I could handle the 700, its the same engine as the FZ-07.

My only concern really is being bored with the Ninja 400 before I even have it paid off (2 years with my planned down payment amount)
fz07 0-100km aka 0-60mph is around 5 seconds

ninja 400 is around 4.5 restricted and i have heard of 3.9 un restricted so we shall see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boring is a very subjective word.
You can be bored with the 700 or even a bigger cc bike. It all depends how you ride, where you ride and what you do with it. If you just ride on a straight highway at a constant speed for hours with traffics, you will be probably bored with any bike. If you ride in twisty canyons even just for 5 minutes, you will feel exhilarated on almost any bike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your input, and Kiwi unfortunately in the US you can have a brand new motorcycle license walk in and buy a H2 if you wanted -_-
I’m going to go with the 400. Overall I like the appearance better, “calls” to me lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts