Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, typically I don't go for "knockoff" or no-name levers, but I decided to give these a run.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C5MR8GE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed them last night and took the bike out for a bit today.

The levers themselves are well made and the finish is clean. Obviously it will take some time to see if the red anodizing on the adjusters hold up or bleach out in the sun (I've seen this happen pretty quickly on some ebay levers).

There isn't really much to say around installation other than it was uneventful.

There is a very small amount of lateral play but honestly barely more than the stock levers and they did come with 2 different washers / shims (one of which I used).

Overall very please for the price.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, just to add, I was pretty entertained by the clearly translated english on their website. Here are some highlights. Best service in "the Amazon" baby!!

"MZS is a newly established brand, it is also just joined the family in the Amazon. Currently, it is a motorcycle accessories brand.

For Amazon, this family, we are a new member. We took the hot blood in the family and to serve more customers, so that more customers are satisfied with this product, but also to make the brand MZS go further higher.

In the future, we believe that we will provide the best service in the Amazon to make customer satisfaction.
believe us"

Reactions: ozzymoto

·
Registered
423 Posts
If I ever make it down to the Amazon, I'll have to drop in and say hi to them.
If it's a Chinese company, English is obviously not their primarily language and something may have been lost in translation. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, how are these holding up? Any sun bleaching issues so far? I found these in the Amazon and they look pretty good for the price. I saw one guy on YouTube who made it seem like these levers caused an accident for him.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problems with bleaching "yet". I'll certainly come back with an update should that change.

·
Registered
656 Posts
So, typically I don't go for "knockoff" or no-name levers, but I decided to give these a run.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C5MR8GE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed them last night and took the bike out for a bit today.

The levers themselves are well made and the finish is clean. Obviously it will take some time to see if the red anodizing on the adjusters hold up or bleach out in the sun (I've seen this happen pretty quickly on some ebay levers).

There isn't really much to say around installation other than it was uneventful.

There is a very small amount of lateral play but honestly barely more than the stock levers and they did come with 2 different washers / shims (one of which I used).

Overall very please for the price.
They sure are nice looking...

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, how are these holding up? Any sun bleaching issues so far? I found these in the Amazon and they look pretty good for the price. I saw one guy on YouTube who made it seem like these levers caused an accident for him.
Any chance you could post that vid? I'm curious if his story is credible as I may order the MZS levers in the near future.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm assuming he's referring to this one. Personally, I wouldn't blame the levers (though possibly the install...).

Any chance you could post that vid? I'm curious if his story is credible as I may order the MZS levers in the near future.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I'm assuming he's referring to this one. Personally, I wouldn't blame the levers (though possibly the install...).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtgwCQQabRU
First in to say what a pile of crap that is.
How can a lever slowly put your brake on all by itself??
And he cant remember how he released the pressure but he did?
Must've been the "concussion" :smile_big:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry about the late reply. I dont check this website all that often. The one that was posted is the one I'm talking about. Like others have said, I'm not sure his story about the levers causing the issue is to blame and not the install of them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Random noob question, swapping to aftermarket levels, is that a big job? I don't want to be messing with brake fluid etc on my own :D

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Random noob question, swapping to aftermarket levels, is that a big job? I don't want to be messing with brake fluid etc on my own :D
Any good aftermarket lever should swap straight over with no issues.
You dont mess with brake fluid when you change the levers, no need for bleeding air off etc..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Pro tip: If you want shorty levers for free, just cut the stockers to your liking. All you need is a dremel, and paint.

But here's a good install procedure:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ive had a pair for 3 weeks, so far no complaints at all …..look better, feel better.....but I cant really report on durability

·
Registered
744 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtgwCQQabRU
My 2 cents, I would rule out installation error here. Because these aftermarket levers are universal, they may not duplicate the length/size of the 'plunger knuckle' of the OEM lever. Hence, a longer aftermarket plunger knuckle may indeed engage the master cylinder; without rider input, whereby lightly engaging the brakes and heating the brake fluid. It may not be obvious to the rider as the front brake are surely engaged ever so lightly due to a larger/longer plunger. So as the lever builds pressure and rotors are spinning, heat builds up and calipers lock.

Guys, is this even possible?

I did see a similar video, can't remember title, where the rider spilled after replacing his levers with aftermarket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts