Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning to discover my z400 bike cover was tampered with and the cover buckle strap was unclipped from underneath the bike.

I played my security cameras back and some tweaker burglar prowler tried pulling the seat off my bike on both sides near the rear of the rider/driver seat last night.

they were unsuccessful on removing my seat.

I dont know if they were trying to get to the battery or to see if there was a spare key.

now the seat has a lot of free play on each side but the latch on the seat itself is intact and still locks and the seat itself has no damage to it.

does anyone know what I need to do to get it to stay snug with a flush fit again?

has anyone had this type of experience happen to them?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Something must have bent when that animal tried to pull it off. Section 15-12 of the service manual illustrates the attachment points of the seat. You have to make sure that they are all intact and not bent.

Reactions: Baxter

·
Registered
142 Posts
I woke up this morning to discover my z400 bike cover was tampered with and the cover buckle strap was unclipped from underneath the bike.

I played my security cameras back and some tweaker burglar prowler tried pulling the seat off my bike on both sides near the rear of the rider/driver seat last night.

they were unsuccessful on removing my seat.

I dont know if they were trying to get to the battery or to see if there was a spare key.

now the seat has a lot of free play on each side but the latch on the seat itself is intact and still locks and the seat itself has no damage to it.

does anyone know what I need to do to get it to stay snug with a flush fit again?

has anyone had this type of experience happen to them?
There should be a law that thieves should be shot on sight

Reactions: Teorist
1 - 3 of 3 Posts