Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good luck!
Does race coverage get posted anywhere? Would love to watch.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Your going to be busy bro! I'm envious.
Go hard mate but remember it's a near new bike so don't want to scratch those graphics Ha ha.
Seriously tho, I always take the inside line into the first corner so I can't get taken out by someone inside of me crashing. It's a tip an old boy gave me when I first started racing.
Have fun out there!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck!
Does race coverage get posted anywhere? Would love to watch.
No sir they dont do live coverage. I am glad they dont, would hate to be shown on tv in last place.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best of luck dude, I'm sure you'll crush it. Wonder how many other 400's you'll run into out there.
Thanks. I know of 5 guys that will be on the 400, I am sure there will be more than that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your going to be busy bro! I'm envious.
Go hard mate but remember it's a near new bike so don't want to scratch those graphics Ha ha.
Seriously tho, I always take the inside line into the first corner so I can't get taken out by someone inside of me crashing. It's a tip an old boy gave me when I first started racing.
Have fun out there!
Thanks for the tip brother. Since this is my first race I think I will just hang back a little at the start of the race. I have a lot to learn, including taking off from the grid. I need to practice my launch.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Thanks for the tip brother. Since this is my first race I think I will just hang back a little at the start of the race. I have a lot to learn, including taking off from the grid. I need to practice my launch.
Yep, good policy to sit back for your first few races and get a feel for things.

Launch tip that I use: Hold the bike up with your left foot on the grid and hold the rear brake on with your right foot. Then have your clutch out so it is just starting to grab (you will feel it) and the rear brake will stop the bike creeping forward.
The beauty of this is that it leaves your throttle hand completely free to do throttle duties only.

I dont know what others do (i've never looked actually!) but this works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts