Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the bike 2-3 weeks ago and immediately tore it apart and started the race build.
Here’s a list of things I have done so far

Full m4 exhaust
Woodcraft 1.5” riser clipons
Spears racing Superbike brake line
Galfer race brake pads
Traxxion dynamics Ak20 fork cartridges
Fitted some ninja 250 race bodywork, took a little work with a dremal and a few zip ties:)
Removed kickstand, Horn, left handlebar controls, any unnecessary brackets and plastic
New stiffer clutch from Spears racing (not yet installed)

Planning on getting soon
Penske full adjustable rear shock
Rearsets
Brembo master cylinder
Galfer full floating race rotor
520 chain/sprockets (on the way from vortex)
Proper race bodywork
Race air filter
Flash ecu
Quickshifer

I had my first race last weekend and this little bike did not disappoint. I was flying by r3’s and ninja 300’s. The brakes are a little weak for my liking and definitely need a rear shock. I was able to get 2 2nds battling with some MotoAmerica kids on graves built r3’s. I also got a win in solo 30 500ss expert.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats on the finishes!

How do you like the woodcraft 1.5" clipons?

Also curious if you've decided on which rearsets. I'm looking at the Driven presently, not sure if the Woodcraft are worth the price differential or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The woodcraft clipons are great. Can still turn lock to lock with out any interference. Also get a bit more leverage with them.

I was going to wait on vortex rearsets since they sponsor me but they Won’t be ready for 6 more weeks. So I’ll probably go with woodcraft since it’s easy to find parts around the paddock if I have an off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great thread!

Could you perhaps link to the following items:

Galfer race brake pads

I'm still looking to buy proper brake lines and racing pads. Which package from Vortex did you go with, regarding the chain and sprocket? Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thread!

Could you perhaps link to the following items:

Galfer race brake pads

I'm still looking to buy proper brake lines and racing pads. Which package from Vortex did you go with, regarding the chain and sprocket? Cheers!
https://www.spearsenterprises.com/ex400.html
They have a bunch of parts listed on their site.

Since I’m sticking with the 520 pitch I went with the lightest chain they have. 520 GP/3D by EK. Front steel sprocket 14t
Rear aluminum sprockets 42/43/44 depending on track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts