1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this rates as a Ride Report..
The title says it all..lol

Just checking things out..

2018 Ninja 400 - Sena Prism Tube - Scorpion R710 Helmet Checking out the sound and angle of the camera setup Sena Prism Tube may not be the best, but it surely is the easiest complete setup to get going on the cheap, to see if I even like MotoVloging. If nothing else, it makes a clear and good Insurance Video if ever needed (hopefully never). Quite Possibly, my first and last MotoVlog that I do..lol

:surprise::nerd::surprise:

Reactions: Watcher905

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Your set up looks to be working well, good picture, good sound, not too much wind on the mic etc.
You live in a very green picturesque part of the States huh
Interesting to hear some of your back story as you rode.
Perhaps a little long to hold peoples attention but if that wasn't your intention then it doesn't matter. ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your set up looks to be working well, good picture, good sound, not too much wind on the mic etc.
You live in a very green picturesque part of the States huh
Interesting to hear some of your back story as you rode.
Perhaps a little long to hold peoples attention but if that wasn't your intention then it doesn't matter. ;)

Yep..it worked better than I thought it would.. very easy setup and all this video was done for...
I figured I had to talk to check it out.. no one has ever said I was short on wind..:)
"Hold peoples attention".. has never been said about me either..lmao..

I promise any future videos if any at all.. will be 3-5 minutes tops..lol
:grin::clap::grin:

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yep..it worked better than I thought it would.. very easy setup and all this video was done for...
I figured I had to talk to check it out.. no one has ever said I was short on wind..:)
"Hold peoples attention".. has never been said about me either..lmao..

I promise any future videos if any at all.. will be 3-5 minutes tops..lol
:grin::clap::grin:
Nice job Furby, I like your bike setup with all the extra bags... Your video was nice , Video and Sound was good - Your darn impressive for an " old " guy :wink:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice job Furby, I like your bike setup with all the extra bags... Your video was nice , Video and Sound was good - Your darn impressive for an " old " guy :wink:

lmao... Well umm thanks Mr. Mike..:) Sometimes I can walk and chew gum too... if I can remember where I put the gum... But if I was really impressive I would have noticed there was a section here called "Kawasaki Ninja 400 Videos " and placed this Video Post there instead of here...lol... :grin::nerd::grin:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG...the OLD man went and did another MotoVlog.. with 2 cameras this time!! I feel an addiction building..

Kiwi..I did get it down to six and a half minutes..I will keep working on it..:)

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Your technology skills leave mine for dust! :biggrin: Good set up.
The quality of your road construction seems pretty high where you live.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your technology skills leave mine for dust! :biggrin: Good set up.
The quality of your road construction seems pretty high where you live.

Thank you kind sir,
I'm thinking 3, maybe 4 cameras on the next video..lol

Actually..it has been improving the last few years.. in the first video you may have seen me mention passing Sunset Drive-in (yes, there are still a few drive-in theaters left in America).. that road, use to be the highway.. The best part is light traffic between towns.. giving the Motorbikes a nice place to ride "usually".. :wink:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: I just spent the last hour removing the mount for the Campark and getting it all boxed up and a refund going with Amazon.. The Campark act74 worked for this one ride.. it then failed to work the next time I tried it.. it would get HOT but not come on with either battery or USB connection.. returning for refund.. shame, as what would have been the 3rd 4th cam is coming tomorrow...lol.. and the Campark gets such good reviews.. I liked it for the one ride very much.. if it would have just kept going... sigh..

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're making me want to get the camera just to show you all the high-altitude mountain passes around here.

Cameras and Motorcycles go together very well.. least you have video of whats happening around you.. Get one and share the adventures..:) Unfortunately, the ones I choose either break or are no longer sold.. The Sena Prism Tube although not latest and greatest, is a good complete setup for a Helmet camera but only found on Ebay new or used.. I may think of getting a Sony ex3000R action cam or the Garmin Verb eventually.. both GPS etc etc.. but they are both pricey.. but seem to be worth it.. I have to find my old sjcam4000 that i put in a safe place(someplace) and wait on my new Akaso Brave 4 in the mail to get back to multi cams now..lol. I am a sucker for cheap technology cams under 100.00.. and I know ya get what ya pay for.. sigh.. lol :grin::nerd::grin:

·
Registered
656 Posts
UPDATE: I just spent the last hour removing the mount for the Campark and getting it all boxed up and a refund going with Amazon.. The Campark act74 worked for this one ride.. it then failed to work the next time I tried it.. it would get HOT but not come on with either battery or USB connection.. returning for refund.. shame, as what would have been the 3rd 4th cam is coming tomorrow...lol.. and the Campark gets such good reviews.. I liked it for the one ride very much.. if it would have just kept going... sigh..
You're making me want to get the camera just to show you all the high-altitude mountain passes around here.
I use the Sena 10c - great little all in one, talk on the phone while taking ride video, I should do a video run of Red Rock canyon a 13 mile drive - the twisties are amazing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use the Sena 10c - great little all in one, talk on the phone while taking ride video, I should do a video run of Red Rock canyon a 13 mile drive - the twisties are amazing.

Please do!! :3tens:

Yet another Sena Product Discontinued, that can only be found new and used on Ebay right now.. and a bit pricey.. I think they are overdue on releasing their newer all in one versions.. Eventually I will get a Sena bluetooth headset to go with that Garmin Verb I do believe.. but that's serious cash for goofing off lol. but I guess that's what guys do...at any age!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
As I wait for the darn Rain to quit in the next TWO WEEKS..
Not really a MotoVlog posting.. just a reality check for myself... am I alone in this thought process?

With that said..I have the vagabond fender eliminator, some stands, some spools, some chain wax and a drybag coming in the mail.. I will find something to do while it rains.. oh, and play that PC game TT Isle of Man.. lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok ok..I got more ride reports coming eventually (don't ya'll get to excited all at once) .. but I am lazy at editing.. least I am not like Mr Mike and forget to do the canyon run with a sena 10c..sigh... it has only been a MONTH Mr Mike.. (poke):grin::devil::grin:

I don't know about the rest of you Ninja 400 addicts..but I like to see ALL the Ninja 400 videos on Youtube.. no matter the content.. I will give a thumbs up on just about any Ninja 400 video!!

with that said... no thumbs up for this one..lol.
Here is about the most useless Youtube Motovlog I could do to date..
:smile::angel::smile: But hey.. you still hear a Ninja with stock exhaust take off from a stop light... the rpm range is moving up.. who does not like that!! I need to get a slip-on.. sigh.. No shame..just post those vids!!

Come on boys and girls .. post those videos..
Safe Travels!

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Here is about the most useless Youtube Motovlog I could do to date..
:smile::angel::smile: But hey.. you still hear a Ninja with stock exhaust take off from a stop light... the rpm range is moving up.. who does not like that!! I need to get a slip-on.. sigh.. No shame..just post those vids!!
It doesn't have the pace of a canyon run that's for sure :D but still of interest to someone from another country.

I'm surprised they let you leave your helmet on in the fast food outlet, a lot of places here have 'no helmet' signs on the doors now. Look too much like a robber!

You obviously live in an area of high rainfall, always looks really green in your clips exp given you are into late summer now huh.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It doesn't have the pace of a canyon run that's for sure :D but still of interest to someone from another country.

I'm surprised they let you leave your helmet on in the fast food outlet, a lot of places here have 'no helmet' signs on the doors now. Look too much like a robber!

You obviously live in an area of high rainfall, always looks really green in your clips exp given you are into late summer now huh.

Ya know, I don't really know if there is a law here or not on helmets inside lol.. I went from NO HELMET many years ago in early life to BEANIE HELMET in crusier days and to be honest, this is the first Bike I have ever worn a full face helmet.

As for the area.. Yes, we get quite a bit of rain here. I live near, or in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Which is the eastern USA Mountain range, running from Alabama in the south all the way up into Canada in the north. "They" say these mountains at one point in time had been as large as the Alps and Rocky Mountains (our western Mountain range) before erosion (rain?) made them much smaller. The tallest one now in the Appalachian is near me called Mount Mitchell and only about 6700feet/ 2040km? tall. Which proves rain can surely do some damage after a few million years. The roads here are fun for motorcycles, winding through the wooded areas. I can't do justice to the next area I will be showing on the bike which is about 30-40 minutes away, so here is a nice aerial drone video that I enjoyed from youtube on the area.

I am also just a few hours from Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon), which is a 11 mile (18km) stretch of 318 turns without cross traffic and a mecca for Motorcycle riders.. some day... but anyways.. I been blessed to have Hiked most of the western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee trail systems earlier in life. Speaking of Hikes.. there is actually a Appalachian Trail people come from all over the world to do.. it is 2,175-mile (3,500 km) and takes a good part of a year to complete.. I never had the fortune to do that.

Rambling over...:grin::angel::grin:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go Fuby.... Arbys equals yum yum.. :3tens:
Mr Mike...dude.. put down that sandwich.. pssst... the "Canyon Video"... we are all "waiting"... :grin::nerd::grin:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mr Mike...dude.. put down that sandwich.. pssst... the "Canyon Video"... we are all "waiting"... :grin::nerd::grin:
Sorry Fuby... My 400 is currently as you see in the photo. And baring you - No one wants to see a video of me riding through Red Rock Canyon, It does have great twisties thou.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts