Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustard have the page up and is taking pre-orders with shipping likely to be end of this week or the start of next week. They have them on special at the moment for AU$87 with free shipping in Australia. The supplied picture is their prototype which is bare metal but the finished and shipped product will be powder coated black

https://www.mustardbikes.com.au/18-current-ninja-400-tail-tidy

I have stuck my order in, just have to wait now.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mustard have the page up and is taking pre-orders with shipping likely to be end of this week or the start of next week. They have them on special at the moment for AU$87 with free shipping in Australia. The supplied picture is their prototype which is bare metal but the finished and shipped product will be powder coated black

https://www.mustardbikes.com.au/18-current-ninja-400-tail-tidy

I have stuck my order in, just have to wait now.
130$ is way to much, I purchased the tst kit with pod supporters and rear license plate light since that is a legal requirement and Im only paying 120$ and i know tst is good quality, also here is that exhaust note u asked for, not really the one u asked for since the project exhaust im working on isnt ready just yet "need to make a custom baffle" but heres another exhaust i tried on her today :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The price shows $125 but if you choose an option in the drop down menu, it changes to $87. Bit of a weird way to get the discount to pop up but it works......................

·
Registered
764 Posts
The price shows $125 but if you choose an option in the drop down menu, it changes to $87. Bit of a weird way to get the discount to pop up but it works......................
yeh but i dont see a license plate light with that and u need one :/ also I see in your image you also didnt get the wheel reflectors on your ninja 400, wtf man we need to get those i dont wanna get hit at night lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does come with the plate light: -

"A white LED number plate light is integrated into the design to light up your number plate and it's included in the price. So you don't have to modify your wiring this item has plugs pre-fitted, making it plug and play"

The image on the website is their prototype so I'm guessing it doesn't have the light showing

·
Registered
764 Posts
It does come with the plate light: -

"A white LED number plate light is integrated into the design to light up your number plate and it's included in the price. So you don't have to modify your wiring this item has plugs pre-fitted, making it plug and play"

The image on the website is their prototype so I'm guessing it doesn't have the light showing
hmm not bad then. well better this way as we will have more information on multiple fenders, let me know when it arrives/installs

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I see in your image you also didnt get the wheel reflectors on your ninja 400, wtf man we need to get those i dont wanna get hit at night lol
Yeah, I noticed that and wondered if they weren't required in WA, didn't even think to ask. Might have to email them

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that and wondered if they weren't required in WA, didn't even think to ask. Might have to email them
I went to talk to them a couple days ago about it, he says he didnt even realise and even the ones on the floor dont have them, and hes correct as they are actually supposed to have custom screws where the reflector goes but instead i checked on my bike its just the standard hex head

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Cheers for the link Steel, have just ordered mine. Interesting only the larger size has discount offered but works for me as this is our plate size.
International shipping is $30 AUD.

I had one of these on both my CBR's. They do indeed have a little LED number plate light, are well made from good quality materials and if nothing else it's good to buy locally made instead of getting something out of China.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Just got an e-mail from Mark at Mustard bikes. The $87 was a mistake, that is the whole sale price. He's going to honor the orders already in though. $125 is regular price.
I was wondering why he was discounting a brand new item!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got an e-mail from Mark at Mustard bikes. The $87 was a mistake, that is the whole sale price. He's going to honor the orders already in though. $125 is regular price.
I was wondering why he was discounting a brand new item!
Glad I stuck my order in quickly then lol. Plus, I believe by law they cannot alter the price once the order is taken and paid for

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
It arrived today but I'll have to wait until next weekend to attempt to fit it as I'm back to work tomorrow and this weekend
Yeah I've got mine here too, looks good so far. No stickers in the box though Ha ha.
Will be too busy riding the bike this weekend to start mucking around with it.
May wait for him to get his install guide up on the website too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, I managed to install the fender eliminator today with only minimal cursing (all directed at Kawasaki, NOT Mustard)

As per the video, I tried to unscrew the locking plate from the indicators and Mark's warning that they "might be a bit tight" was an understatement, mine were welded on!

I was bending the indicator stalk as per the guide so I could line up the screwdriver and I must have been bending at just the right angle whilst I was cursing at my inability to budge the screw and the backing plate and locking plate came straight off still connected together. With that in mind, I used a flat-head screwdriver under the other plate and it popped right off.

When I fitted the indicators to the eliminator, I was able to work the plate back into it's original position by pushing it on from the skinny end and working the clamps back over the rubber grommet and it appears to be as secure as when it was attached to the Kawasaki shovel.

Everything else went straight on, plugged straight in and fitted onto the rear end perfectly and now I my rear end looks svelte and sexy rather than a Soviet era truck fender. I have to say, Mustard Bikes have delivered the goods and I'm extremely happy with the result

Attachments

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Looking good there Steel! Thanks for doing the first run and working out the potential problem areas. Dealing with factory tightened stuff can be an arse sometimes. I went to adjust my chain tension on Sunday night and the axle nut was crazy tight, must have been done up with air powered rattle gun.

Sounds pretty straight froward, will see how I go.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just received my Mustard fender eliminator and 20 minutes later it's replaced that ugly Kawasaki protrusion. As already mentioned the screws for the indicator stalks were tight but Mark's tip to flex the plastic really helped (as did using the right screwdriver). Everything else was a breeze.

Mark was a pleasure to deal with, and the product is top quality. I e-mailed him to confirm it would be compatible with a USA plate (as you can see it is, and looks great). Shipping only took 9 days, much faster than I expected.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
I just received my Mustard fender eliminator and 20 minutes later it's replaced that ugly Kawasaki protrusion. As already mentioned the screws for the indicator stalks were tight but Mark's tip to flex the plastic really helped (as did using the right screwdriver). Everything else was a breeze.

Mark was a pleasure to deal with, and the product is top quality. I e-mailed him to confirm it would be compatible with a USA plate (as you can see it is, and looks great). Shipping only took 9 days, much faster than I expected.
Good one, I'm real pleased with mine too. Just yesterday someone commented on it thought it suited the bike well.
Just goes to show you dont need to be based in the middle of an economic power house to make good product, get a good name and get it global. For those not in the know Mark runs his business with 1.5 staff (his words) and is based on a little island called Tasmainia off the southern coast of Australia. Next stop south is Antarctica!

https://www.mustardbikes.com.au/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts