Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, do you listen music on your motorcycle? I do always.

Tried Sena - sound quality sucks!
Invested $170 for shure bluetooth earbuds - no wind noise / perfect sound quality / takes forever to adjust under your helmet / can't make calls, because of the wind noise/
it can be uncomfortable

What is your way of listening music on your bike? I am still trying to find the best solution.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use Shure SE 215 in ear monitors with the adapter cable to my Sena 10c. Sound is great, phone calls are great. As you mentioned they are a bit of work to get right while putting your helmet on but worth it for me.

I never got the Sena Mic position right on my last Bell helmet, but My Shoei GT Air the Mic sound is excellent, people on the other end of a phone call can't believe I'm on the bike.

So, most Sena's have an earbud adapter cable available, and you could try a cheap pair of wired earbuds to test it out. Win win if you still have a Sena to play around with.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just wanted to add an observation on the Sena sound quality - I rode for a while with a Sena on my Bell Qualifier DLX helmet and the sound was "OK" but nothing fantastic. Worked great for voice and GPS but music was basically background noise. I just recently switched to an Arai Quantum-X which better fits the shape of my head and I was amazed at how much better the Sena sounds due to the apparently better placement of the speakers close to my ears.

Lesson learned - Sena actually does sound pretty good for music, but it has to be placed just right so play around with the location as well as proximity to your ears. Use the included pads to get it closer if need be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts