Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mussarri Slip On and Full System Exhaust.

Hey Guys got an E-mail from Misano Moto of Mussari Exhaust and this is how it reads>>>>>Thank you for your interest in the Musarri full system exhaust for the Ninja 400. The exhaust is still in pre-production at this time but we have been informed that they will start production in about 2 weeks time. We currently do not have any official number on the hp gain but typically you can expect 4-7hp increase on a full system exhaust. That being said, the Ninja 400 will benefit from proper tuning by a professional once you installed the exhaust either using Power Commander module or an ECU flash.

We will keep you posted on the availability.

Regards,
Misano Moto

I seen some GP Slip On Exhaust Videos on bikes like the Ninja 250 and 300 and really like the note of the sound and the looks of the Black One looks really GOOD. And it is reasonably priced.... If you see the Full System Price for the Ninja 650. It should be the same for the Ninja 400. I think I can afford this too. A nice package and a nice sound... If ,I could get at least 4 to 5 more horsepower, I think I can be good with that..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mussari Exhaust-Full System (Baffle In)

Here is a link for the 650 and it looks very promising. I am going to verify, if they will actually make a FULL SYSTEM for the Ninja 400 around Monday or so. This GP Black option looks and sounds really good..... And I just wanted to share that in all of the Dyno Tests that I seen on all of the Exhaust Brands, Akrapovic, Yoshimura, Leo Vince, Arrow etc. That in ALL of the Dyno Test performed. When the Noise Silencer Baffle is left in... Most likely the BACK PRESSURE is slightly increased.. The Performance is more increased...... I seen a Video of the Ninja 300 done by Skagit Powersports. and they tested about 3 brands and they showed on the Dyno, that the performance was up with at least 1 horsepower. I also know that a guy from the Ninja 300 Forum named Spacep0d who had a full system on his 300 and he left his BAFFLE IN on his Yosh Full System and had his Computer Flashed by a company called "FLASH TUNE". And he had a Dyno reading of 42 hp to the Rear Wheel. Which is bloody good for a 300. I did the same with my Ninja 300 with that same Yosh, but I used the Powercomander 5 and it was roughly about the same as his. My 300 was really strong because I LEFT THE BAFFLE IN!.... Being LOUD is not always good. But even with the Noise Silencer Baffle In. It still has a fairly loud and generally has a really sweet note. And you drive knowing that you really have MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE at least on the Dyno.

Musarri GP Street Series Full System Black Pipe / Muffler / Exhaust Kawasaki Ninja 650R 2012 - 2016

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to Chris from Screaming Demon today and he let me know that the prototype has been finalised and sent for production. Stock is expected to be available for sale in approximately 4 weeks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for all the updates, and I love how the set up sounds on the 300. Have they set any price points yet for the different systems? Curious how much the full system and tune will cost.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mussari Exhaust Prices

Look at the link that I posted on the last link that I did and it shows the Full System price for the Stainless Full System for the Ninja 650. And it seems like a really affordable price. I may be leaning to one of these systems if they come out soon. Really like the looks and the sound and maybe "Perhaps?" the performance of this Black GP Exhaust. They make a Full System for the Kawasaki 125 and then the 650... So really hope and will try to confirm that they will actually make one for our Ninja 400..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mussari Production Dates and Releases

I just got a new E-mail from Misano Moto of Mussari about when they will release the "NEW Full System Exhaust and Slip Ons" It reads as follows>>>>>:

Yes, the full system includes the header and the muffler.

Musarri will start production in about 2 weeks and realistically Id say about 3-4 weeks production run and another 3 weeks for us to get our hands on them.

Realistically, Id say mid to late May before we can start shipping to customers.

Misano Moto

Anyway this is the Official Report Status and Update on the GP Mussari Full System. Just thought this would help as an option..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is a modifies Masarri 300 muffler. Since the 400 has a header system - equal length header pipes, and larger diameter, I would not expect much HP gain. Certainly not in the 5 to 7 range - maybe 1 or 2....

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Picked it up today and fitted it just before heading out to my night shift so I've only taken 2 quick snaps. Apparently, I've snagged the first one in Perth, perhaps even Australia, Muhahahaha

Louder, deeper, meatier.....and thats without removing the baffle as I didn't have time to muck about with that. I'll pull it out tomorrow on my day off and see how it sounds.

Riding into work at 70, 80 and 100 kph, the noise is very tolerable (I have acoustic earplugs in) and doesn't appear to drone on at all. Even got some crackles and pops on the trip lol.

AU$219 in person at their warehouse shopfront or AU$279 on their Ebay store

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Picked it up today and fitted it just before heading out to my night shift so I've only taken 2 quick snaps. Apparently, I've snagged the first one in Perth, perhaps even Australia, Muhahahaha

Louder, deeper, meatier.....and thats without removing the baffle as I didn't have time to muck about with that. I'll pull it out tomorrow on my day off and see how it sounds.

Riding into work at 70, 80 and 100 kph, the noise is very tolerable (I have acoustic earplugs in) and doesn't appear to drone on at all. Even got some crackles and pops on the trip lol.

Would you be willing to upload a video so we can hear how it sounds? :grin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks great, especially in that black finish. Pretty decent price as well, and I would expect anything to be an improvement over the oem system. Looking forward to hearing it.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Looks really nice. I'd like to hear a vid of its sound too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anyone purchased/installed this slip on yet and be willing to share a video on how it sounds?
Ive got mine on the way. Will upload it when i get it installed.

Not sure if i should remove baffle right out the box or try it with baffle on.

Still waiting on a reply from Steel

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive got mine on the way. Will upload it when i get it installed.

Not sure if i should remove baffle right out the box or try it with baffle on.

Still waiting on a reply from Steel
Answered your question best I can in the other thread :wink:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts