Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
All ready to rock! The bike鈥檚 ready for NOLA but I need some saltpeter for this **** finger so I can get it in a glove. 馃檪

Humm. Just noticed the pinky now points one way and the ring finger the other. But neither one points the way the rest do. :)

Registered
All ready to rock! The bike鈥檚 ready for NOLA but I need some saltpeter for this **** finger so I can get it in a glove. 馃檪

Humm. Just noticed the pinky now points one way and the ring finger the other. But neither one points the way the rest do. :) View attachment 17173 View attachment 17174
Have you seen a doctor yet? I won鈥檛 make it to NOLA, but I will be at MSRH in April.

Registered
Ouch. I agree, I'd see a professional. Wouldn't want to cause any damage riding on it too soon that might impact you later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Those two poor fingers have been so abused. I鈥檓 thinking about trying a lever guard on that side to see if it might help. I don鈥檛 know, it will probably just break off or spin on the bar but I鈥檓 gonna try one any way.

I thought for sure I鈥檇 see some more racer fingers out there. I know I鈥檓 not the only one. :)

That ring finger has been pinned back on before. Now no jokes about the Starsky and Hutch attire. :)

Director of Moderation
Guess I'm lucky to have never broken a finger. Broke a couple of toes before but not from racing.

Registered
Guess your career as a hand model is over Duckman 馃槺. I have a few lumps and bumps from playing basketball in both hands, was constantly spraining/breaking or jamming multiple fingers over the years. 馃

Registered
I've had a similar shoulder injury from a low slide that I thought I was saving, I was wrong didn't save it at all and separated my collar bone from the top of my shoulder. I had a Velcro sling strapped to my body for nearly 6 months while it healed. Missed the last two races of the season but was ready for the following season kinda.....Getting in and out of leathers proved to be more difficult than getting dressed. Dr said I'd been better off breaking it and would have had a much quicker recovery time.

Premium Member
Back in 2008 I was riding a wheelie on my DRZ400SM and the rear tire blew. I tried to set it down and I was crossed up and got tossed off the high side!

I was wearing full gear as always, but I still managed to break 2 toes and my right ring finger was somehow facing the wrong direction. I think it got caught on the hand guard when I went flying. I was on a Supermoto Hooligan group ride so I should have known better. Anyways, you should have seen the look on the kids face when I asked him to snap my finger back into position. It immediately swelled up like a sausage and turned purple. I鈥檓 lucky to have full mobility now, but I still have that lumpy knuckle on my finger...

I鈥檓 a proud member of 鈥漈eam Lumpy Knuckle鈥 or 鈥淟umpy Knuckle Racing鈥, just made that up. Or how about 鈥淭he Lumpy Knuckles鈥...?
That has a nice ring to it. Maybe I should trademark that...

Attachments

Registered
is that a GPZ 300 something or the 550 on the right (ur left) in the pic? dam an original 750 interceptor?

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
My fingers are pretty straight, but I can't say the same for shoulders/collarbones or feet. Unlike Duckman, so far mine have all come from 2 wheels on the dirt, and not necessarily even crashing! The shoulder was a pretty hard hit though.
View attachment 17210
Did you forget about the feet? 馃槼

1 - 20 of 21 Posts