Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ktm 390 vs honda cbr 500 vs ninja 400.... They say the yamaha isnt in it because its just outclassed in every way haha

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice review. In another post I was asking if you had links to those bikes you mentioned that were dyno’d at 50 hp stock. Not sure if you were able to read my reply, but can you link those posts? Would like to read them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice review. In another post I was asking if you had links to those bikes you mentioned that were dyno’d at 50 hp stock. Not sure if you were able to read my reply, but can you link those posts? Would like to read them.
The German reviews dyno'ed them at 49hp, a lot of member on ninja 400 thailand have gotten even higher stock as well, here is a video

whats funny is the german 400 is supposed to be a restricted model also.

here's one from a stock 400 in malaysia

here's a tuned unrestricted 400 running race fuel

there was also a video of a stock filipino 400 getting 50.2hp on the 400 members website as well, ill have to donwload it and upload it somewhere for others to see, we have even had a few members on here getting 53hp to the wheel, forgot the guys name you would have to ask Kiwi who it was but if I remember right he was running a full system no air filter and a tune.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ktm 390 vs honda cbr 500 vs ninja 400.... They say the yamaha isnt in it because its just outclassed in every way haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSc3jtnkt-8
Thank for posting that - it was a good watch.! Would have been interesting to see how the duke would have done... Their kinda popular here.

See I was originally was looking at the KTM duke, The ninja 400 and the Honda cbr 500r - I wasn't attracted to the 390 at all, I would have got the Honda but it was a $1000.00 more like they said, And since the Ninja came with a free jacket and 200,00 rebate... thats like 500.00 off so the KTM duke lost out.

This 400 is my third Ninja I just love the way they look, I like Honda's cause of its smooth comfy ride, and nothing sounds more like a machine than a Suzuki, Iv'e never been a Yamaha fan, I did buy an XT 500 enduro hard as He l l to kick start but fun to rid, and 2 Yamaha Raptor 600R's - Nicest quad I ever rode.

The guys in the video seemed to like all the bikes ... but then again they are all nice in there own ways...

·
Registered
57 Posts
The German reviews dyno'ed them at 49hp, a lot of member on ninja 400 thailand have gotten even higher stock as well, here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQB1FuspAk&t=5s

there was also a video of a stock filipino 400 getting 50.2hp on the 400 members website as well, ill have to donwload it and upload it somewhere for others to see, we have even had a few members on here getting 53hp to the wheel, forgot the guys name you would have to ask Kiwi who it was but if I remember right he was running a full system no air filter and a tune.
Lol. That’s a pretty unusual power difference between claimed and dyno’d. I’m wondering what the Japanese bikes would classify as and what their power is going to be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good video to watch. Near the 12 minute mark, Troy echo’d my exact reasons for choosing the Ninja 400 over the RC390 for track/racing duties: any stock shortcomings of the Ninja can easily be fixed through aftermarket modifications and the RC390 does not have a good reliability reputation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good video to watch. Near the 12 minute mark, Troy echo’d my exact reasons for choosing the Ninja 400 over the RC390 for track/racing duties: any stock shortcomings of the Ninja can easily be fixed through aftermarket modifications and the RC390 does not have a good reliability reputation.
Wouldn’t it be the same though? There are plenty of shocks available for both. Plenty of fork mods for both. Master cylinder, brake lines, clip ons, etc, all readily available for both. What shortcomings would you be fixing on the ninja that the 390 wouldn’t alos have a readily available mod for? I’m wondering if 2018 will bring yet more reliability issues for the 390.

While on the topic of mods, I could have sworn the 390 had a Nix-22 available. Apparently not? I dont own one so I haven’t really looked, but could have sworn when the Nix22 came out, it was advertised for quite a few bikes, the 390 included. The Ninja 400 already has it available to my knowledge, based on the reading I did in SDMs thread.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The German reviews dyno'ed them at 49hp, a lot of member on ninja 400 thailand have gotten even higher stock as well, here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQB1FuspAk&t=5s

The chart with the bynjt on it, is that stock, or with an exhaust? Just saw another thread where they were talking about that particular dyno sheet and an exhaust. Not that 50 is bad with just an exhaust, but I was hoping to see a true 50 hp bone stock bike, running regular fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts