Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
SEE ZARCO DESTROY THE 2008 LAP RECORD 0_o so funny as me and a mate where just talking about that record a couple of minutes before he broke it lol lorenzo wont be to happy, I hope zarco doesnt join movistar because they denied him support so i think he should go team suzuki because that new bike looks promising

·
Registered
764 Posts
AMAZING RACE, I knew zarco couldnt hold that lead due to experiance, really impressed by rossi, and even tho davi won i think marquez is just thr best rider, what a display he pushed that bike to its limits such amazing stuff by him time and time again and im a team rossi supporter but man oh man marquez is pure talent, without the power of those duc engines Davi would have been destroyed.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dovi rode a clever race, conserved his tyres well, pushed through when the opportunity's were there and didnt let the pressure from Marquez get to him.
But yes Marquez brings the championship alive with his never say die attitude and on the edge riding style. He's the master of the front end save!
Another great race, hopefully there's more of those to come this year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
AMAZING RACE, I knew zarco couldnt hold that lead due to experiance, really impressed by rossi, and even tho davi won i think marquez is just thr best rider, what a display he pushed that bike to its limits such amazing stuff by him time and time again and im a team rossi supporter but man oh man marquez is pure talent, without the power of those duc engines Davi would have been destroyed.
Sounds like I missed a really good race. I have been watching Marquez since his 250cc class days. When I first seen him I was amazed also I went back and found a few videos of him when he was doing 125cc. Pure talent to say the least. Rossi for his age is also amazing, for a man to soon be 40 and still playing with guys half his age. No doubt he has the experience.

I am wondering why Repsol hasn't done much in off season to be able to keep up with the Ducati, I guess it will make for better races this year though, who ever can save tires and brake the latest will come out ahead.

here is the season schedule

Round Event Circuit Race day
1 QATAR GP Losail International Circuit 18th MARCH
2 ARGENTINA GP Termas de Rio Hondo 08th APRIL
3 AMERICAS GP Circuit of the Americas 22nd APRIL
4 SPANISH GP Circuito de Jerez 06th MAY
5 FRENCH GP Le Mans 20th MAY
6 ITALIAN GP Autodromo di Mugello 03rd JUNE
7 CATALUNYA GP Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya 17th JUNE
8 DUTCH GP TT Circuit Assen 01st JULY
9 GERMAN GP Sachsenring 15th JULY
10 CZECH GP Automotodrom Brno 05th AUGUST
11 AUSTRIAN GP Red Bull Ring - Spielberg 12th AUGUST
12 BRITISH GP Silverstone Circuit 26th AUGUST
13 SAN MARINO GP Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli 09th SEPTEMBER
14 ARAGON GP MotorLand Aragon 23rd SEPTEMBER
15 THAI GP Chang International Circuit 07th OCTOBER
16 JAPANESE GP Twin Ring Motegi 21st OCTOBER
17 AUSTRALIAN GP Phillip Island Circuit 28th OCTOBER
18 MALAYSIAN GP Sepang International Circuit 04th NOVEMBER
19 VALENCIA GP Circuit Ricardo Tormo 18th NOVEMBER

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Round 2 Argentina

Anyone else see the crazy race from Argentina this morning (NZ time)?
Marquez ended up taking no points after his penalty ride through for starting in the wrong position on the grid and even though he got back up to fourth (I think) with a remarkable display of riding he still ended up 18th after another 30 second penalty that I think was for pushing Rossi off the track. There was so much going on it was hard to keep track of. He also cut up Aleix Espargaro something wicked as well.

UK rider Cal Crutchlow took the win and now leads the championship by three points from Dovi who didn't really fire and was fifth.

MotoGP: Briton Cal Crutchlow wins in Argentina to lead championship - BBC Sport

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yep he ended 18th due to hitting rossi, I think he actually should have been black flagged, he shouldn't have even finished the race after that

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yep he ended 18th due to hitting rossi, I think he actually should have been black flagged, he shouldn't have even finished the race after that
I have to agree, I love Marquez but he could have waited a few more turns and passed Rossi with out losing any points. However he did ride an amazing race to get back to the front.

As for the starting grid he killed the bike jumped started it rode the wrong direction on the grid, was told to go into pit lane by the Marshall, held up the race as they couldn't start it safely with Marquez running all over the place. Hence he got punished and had to do a ride through.

Had it been any lesser known rider they would have black flagged him. I'm still a Marquez fan even though he made wrong decisions, we are all human after all.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Rossi was super angry in the interivew skip to the english parts "he killed motogp" and "he doesnt have the balls to speak to me alone in my office"

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
COTA Round

Not such an interesting race this morning (NZ time). Marquez was never really challenged and the top five positions didnt swap much during the race apart from Crutchlow falling off.
Dovi leads championship by one point despite coming fifth.

MotoGP?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Marquez ended up taking no points after his penalty ride through for starting in the wrong position on the grid and even though he got back up to fourth (I think) with a remarkable display of riding he still ended up 18th after another 30 second penalty that I think was for pushing Rossi off the track. There was so much going on it was hard to keep track of. He also cut up Aleix Espargaro something wicked as well.

UK rider Cal Crutchlow took the win and now leads the championship by three points from Dovi who didn't really fire and was fifth.

I still remember when Marquez got kicked over by Rossi. Of course, most people know that Marquez is a bit of dirty rider...but Rossi paid the price for that one. I also remember rossi having to ride it through the dirt when Marquez stuffed him. I don't care much for Marquez.

And I still believe that Lorenzo conspired with Marquez to block Rossi from the Championship, that year.

I always root for Rossi. He is too old to be performing at this level. It is amazing. I guess a good analogy would be Roberts vs. Spencer.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jerez round

Disappointing race from a Ducati point of view. Lorenzo and Dovi sitting in second and third spots and then both taken out in a three rider pile up inc Pedrosa who got the worst deal - off the high side.
Crutchlow and Rins fell off as well elevating a lot of the middle pack up the order some what.
Marquez took the win and now leads the Championship.

High drama in Jerez: Marquez wins as contenders collide | MotoGP?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
French round at Le Mans

Marquez extended his lead in the championship with another win. He's got a comfortable gap on the other riders now.
Dovi and Zarco both fell off through losing their front ends. Zarco would have been disappointed to do that in front of his home crowd.
The highlight for me was Australian rider Jack Miller getting fourth. Good job.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/44189302

Moto 3 was a more action packed race with lots of handle bar banging, crashes and penalties for cutting corners etc. Really shock up the results. I think the guy that ended up winning had only ever had a best place of sixth before this race! Exciting viewing.

This clip shows the main two crashes. Great Super-X skills by rider #84. :10:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally got to watch the frenchy GP. Yeah both of those crashes were freaky.
Marc crashed a few times to. He just doesn't fall down. :smile_big:

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2019 team changes

There's been a bit of chair shuffling going on the last couple of days in the world of MotoGP.

First Honda announced that would not be resigning Dani Pedrosa at the end of the season.

Then the next day they announced that they have signed up Ducati rider Jorge Lorenzo.

Today it has been announced that Danilo Petrucci of Pramac Racing Team (Ducati Privateers) will join the Factory Ducati team along side Andrea Dovizioso.

Phew!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lorenzo and Marquez should make fantastic teammates. :wink:
There definitely wont be a wall up in the Honda garage. :smile_big:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you guys see the Argentina GP? That was the most bizarre race I've ever seen.

Edit: Oops, busted! I posted before reading.

If anyone has felt a little disinterested in MotoGP lately, checkout that race. It was such a sloppy spectacle that it forced a champion to reveal his true colors... that of someone in a sport keeping it a sport.

In this race I learned that Marquez does not ride to make the podium. He'll ride from behind like with little to gain because some athletes can't seem to shake the feeling that they're better than the person ahead of them.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lorenzo and Marquez should make fantastic teammates. :wink:
There definitely wont be a wall up in the Honda garage. :smile_big:
I was about to say that they are both Spanish so that would be a good starting point but then I remembered that Pedrosa is Spanish too so...
Temperamental beings those MotoGp riders :grin:

Ironically Lorenzo looks like he is finally coming to grips with the Ducati. Will be interesting to see how rest of the season pans out for him.

With Marquez falling off at Mugello last wkd and getting no points it has really closed up the gap between himself and the rest of the field on the points table.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Catalunya - Lorenzo on fire!

Well Lorenzo has found some form eh. He's finally got to gripes with that Ducati. I read a quote earlier from some journo that he was riding with a rhythm most drummers dream of. :biggrin:

It seems Marquez was happy just to play it cool and stay on the bike and take 20 points for 2nd. He's still leading championship by 27 points.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/44512416

Moto 3 was a bit of a crash fest this round too.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts