Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also looking out for rearsets from Woodcraft, I was part of the Ninja 300 community and that's what they raved about regardless of where you looked; forums, vendor sites, amazon, even local meet ups.
Here is sort of a general update from woodcraft. Talked to Eric on the phone yesterday.

They should have multiple flavors of hindle exhaust coming in what sounded like this week. The hindle megaphone exhaust will be a full system for 425 USD. Might go that route myself.

Rear sets have probably been figured out by today but I don't know how long production will take. They seem to be on top of things so I think not long at all.

Clip ons. When I talked to him on the phone he had four possible mounting solutions. 2 for taller guys and 2 for shorter. Being 6' we only talked about the former rather than the latter. Basically, the decision you will be making is if you want the controls the lowest possible or the farthest forward as possible. I opted for the farthest forward option as the crotch to hand distance is pretty short for me getting into a proper tuck.

Having said that the above choices are for maintaining the fairings. If you are going full race bike I am sure you can get crazier.

Race body kits are going to be a good while before they are available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Looking to make the riding position on the 400 more aggressive. Of course the first step to that using resources available on the market are clip-ons, but I was looking to see if anyone knew anything of rear offsets? My buddy used these on his ninja 300, and was able to get a riding position that I think is perfect:

KAWASAKI NINJA 300/250R Works Edition Rear Offset Brackets

Looking for something comparable to reproduce the effect (or at least as close as possible on the 400). By any chance does anyone have any experience to tell if the 300 rear offsets will fit on the 400? I would imagine not given that the frame and fairings are different.

Thanks!
Did you find some handlebars/clip ons that move your upper body into a more aggressive position? I'm thinking forward and down slightly would be ideal. Like you, I prefer a more forward-leaning body position.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here, kinda late to the discussion but i needed a more aggressive riding position for my weekend blasts through the twisties because the stock position on the ninja was not making me confident. I felt like the front is too far away when i'm cornering and lent over. I wanted a bit more of on-top-of-the-front-tire kinda feel from proper supersports. Kinda low on budget so i got fleabay stuff from indonesia. I got 7 degree clip-ons with 1 in rise, a preload adjuster for the forks, and a rearset. The stock seat was angled too far forward for me and pushed me into the tank during braking making me more upright. It didn't help at all with my confidence through turns. Went to my local upholstery and showed them a pic of the norton seat and told them the things i wanted and they did an amazing job. Here's some pics what do you guys think?

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts