Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is completely stock. I know I want to customize the fairings and colors but what else can I do? I've already got a new exaust because the stock exaust sounded like a scooter lol. I'm getting a fender eliminator kit as well. What other mods can I do to make my bike look slick??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get a Turbo or NOS kit

put slick tires on

Led ground effects

Reactions: ryanemm

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I'm pleased mad gave you a serious answer at least! :grin:
Slick mods eh?

- Definitely a smoke or full dark screen. Looks bad arse.

-You've got the fender eliminator coming, that's essential.

-You can get different shaped mirrors or go for bar-ends and ditch the ones on the fairing.

- I think lower clip on bars give the bike a more meaner sporty look, but that's just me.

-I think gold coloured chains look cool too. On the bike that is :)

What colour is your bike? If you have a mono colour like black or blue then you have more scope for custom highlights like striping with a second colour etc. Rim tape can work well or even change the colour of the rims completely.

This is my all time fave colour for the Ninja 400. It's a factory option in Thailand where the bikes are made and possibly some other South East Asian countries:
26168003_1636570713067758_6864698180498034507_n.jpg

That's all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, thank you to the ones who actually gave me a serious answer! I don't appreciate the sarcasm... I'll take a look at those videos and keep yall.posted. thanks you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pleased mad gave you a serious answer at least! :grin:
Slick mods eh?

- Definitely a smoke or full dark screen. Looks bad arse.

-You've got the fender eliminator coming, that's essential.

-You can get different shaped mirrors or go for bar-ends and ditch the ones on the fairing.

- I think lower clip on bars give the bike a more meaner sporty look, but that's just me.

-I think gold coloured chains look cool too. On the bike that is :)

What colour is your bike? If you have a mono colour like black or blue then you have more scope for custom highlights like striping with a second colour etc. Rim tape can work well or even change the colour of the rims completely.

This is my all time fave colour for the Ninja 400. It's a factory option in Thailand where the bikes are made and possibly some other South East Asian countries:
View attachment 1863

That's all I can think of for now.
My bike is black

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd go for a tinted windscreen, colored swing arm mounts, colored shorty levers, colored grips, fender eliminator with integrated tail light (check out TST Industries for an affordable fender eliminator kit and the tail light), and rim tape...just to name a few.

Most of the mods I will do will be for performance. I'll probably get a windscreen and the levers and grips but that's about it. I think the bike looks sweet as it now. :)

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
With it being all black, you've got alot of choices color wise..you can make it really stand out.
:iagree: I've got black too and it this stage I have just added a few small red highlights like the lever adjusters, rear stand bobbins and I've not long ordered a braided front brake line with red banjo fittings (connectors) at both ends.
But there is heaps of scope for silver striping or highlighting or some other colour with the black base colour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone!;these responses Def give me a place to start! I wish I would have gotten the solar yellow special color but they didn't have it ready yet. I just want it to stand out. Thanks again everyone! This is my first Street bike, I'm used to dirtbikes. Here is a pic of my kx80. She's one of my babies lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts