Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '19 Z spring of that year after not riding since the mid 80's. Got it the way I wanted and then it was totaled. Dam! Got my N400 shortly after and now have it molded the way I want it. Learned a bit on my Z about going a little overboard. But I have the mod fever now. It has spilled over to both pickups in the garage. I think I need help, an intervention maybe?. Warmer weather and more riding might help.
馃悏

Registered
My Z is done as far as I鈥檓 concerned. Full exhaust, Shorai battery, bar risers. Removed Pair valve, evap canister and 02 sensor. Got a Norton seat, 15 tooth front sprocket, shorty levers, clutch springs and bar end mirrors. Fork oil and adjustable rebound caps. Ran out of funds due to retirement.

Vendor
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400
Bone stock gets you from point A to B reliably (usually, JDM vehicles, can't say much to the rest of the world lol), but if you actually want to enjoy a vehicle, modding is basically a requirement.

I went from a Nissan Frontier as my track hauler to a Honda Element, since I haul my bikes on a carrier and haul ass at 100mph to the track, I ended up throwing Godspeed coilovers, and even had to re-spring the rear coils with Swift springs to account for the added weight of both my bikes and all my tools and gear. That's just one of the many things I've done to the E.

When it comes to bikes, I can't ride stock anymore since I basically ride the track only now. After about the first session or so I'm already maxing out suspension usually, and thats with decent tires like a minimum of Pirelli TD. Modding is a requirement.

Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 馃槀馃悪
My bike is a rolling ad for every aftermarket part available. 馃槀馃
I hate stock. Period.

Now it's time to continue progressing the pilots experience on said rolling ad. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煈

Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 馃槀馃悪
I like mods but i'm quite useless mechanically so my vehicles stay mostly stock, unfortunately.
It's never too late to learn to work on your own equipment. It's a part of life and the money you save is well enough to buy aftermarket stuff.

@Cris don't say you can't when surely there's a way you can. Best of luck. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's never too late to learn to work on your own equipment. It's a part of life and the money you save is well enough to buy aftermarket stuff.

@Cris don't say you can't when surely there's a way you can. Best of luck. 馃
That's very true. I find it very relaxing to go to the garage/shop with a project ahead of me, or if no project I can spend relaxing time cleaning and organizing stuff.
馃悏

Registered
Yeah, there is great joy in modifying something, and doing it right and well to overcome a inefficiency, or to improve something.
Other times, when you are days or weeks into something that should have been a simple modification, that you ask yourself.....what the heck did I get into, I just want to be done with "this" update/modification" lol
Of course perfectionist also amplifies this for those that suffer with OCD/perfectionism.

For example, 2-3 years later, hours on the dyno and 100 prototypes of velocity stacks comes a product offered to the public.......lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts