Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around and didn't see a thread, other than single threads dedicated to one specific mod in the Parts & Accessories sub category of course. I thought i'd post a thread where we can list what we have done so we can all get ideas on what our next mods could be. I'm looking to do much more and i'm sure this would be easier to get ideas from others in one thread, rather than sifting through individual Parts & Accessories threads.

So far i have done

Vagabond fender eliminator
Arrow race tech slip on exhaust
Trex frame sliders
Progrip 719BlackTitanium grips
Zero gravity corsa windscreen
generic ebay folding/extending brake/clutch levers
Puig naked tank pad
ambother 8 piece led kit
Ram handle bar mount
ATOM Black 8MM CNC Swingarm Spools

Would love to see what everyone has done and share ideas.

Reactions: Jolet23

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
The installation is long and tricky but here is the only mod you will ever need:

The pink unicorn bicycle bell

That is a 'must have' mod right there ��. I need one.

My list of mods is pretty mundane in comparison to that:

Mustard Bikes tail tidy
Vortex clip ons
Scorpion slip on
Braided front brake line
E Bay adjustable levers
Pro grip grips
Wish.com bar end mirrors
Ultra Batt lithium battery
Alloy rear sprocket
E Bay spools
Carbon 'Ninja' tank pad
De-cat header pipe
Remove emissions crap

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The installation is long and tricky but here is the only mod you will ever need:

Lmao. How do you not have a video to post of the sound? I’m sure its hilarious to just randomaly use that around people.

Reactions: Hojo

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just ordered the ambother 8 piece led kit also. Any pics/tips from your install that would help someone else? Mine should be here Tuesday and I should hopefully get most of it together that night.

·
Registered
3 Posts

This is brilliant! I used to have a pink cat squeaky horn on my Grom. Never thought of putting something like that on the Ninja!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My list is getting longer and my bank account is weeping...

Done so far:

OEM frame sliders
OEM 12V socket
OEM radiator protector
OEM tank protector pad
OEM helmet lock
adjustable short levers off ebay
Hawk immobilizer / alarm system
Eazigrip EVO tank grips
Driven spools
Driven rear axle sliders
Anodizing racing slip-on
One of the 2 bikes also has now a dual camera DVR, installed today (vsys off aliexpress, but looks like it's quality is decent)

Coming soon (on the way):

Spiegler braided brake lines
Ferodo HH sintered brake pads
Mustard tail tidy

Thinking about Shorai batteries.
Too painful to think about rearsets and proper suspension...

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
My list is getting longer and my bank account is weeping...

Done so far:

OEM frame sliders
OEM 12V socket
OEM radiator protector
OEM tank protector pad
OEM helmet lock
adjustable short levers off ebay
Hawk immobilizer / alarm system
Eazigrip EVO tank grips
Driven spools
Driven rear axle sliders
Anodizing racing slip-on
One of the 2 bikes also has now a dual camera DVR, installed today (vsys off aliexpress, but looks like it's quality is decent)

Coming soon (on the way):

Spiegler braided brake lines
Ferodo HH sintered brake pads
Mustard tail tidy

Thinking about Shorai batteries.
Too painful to think about rearsets and proper suspension...
I hear ya. :grin:
It's easy to over capatilise on these cheap to buy bikes. I may get some ebay rearsets when they come available as you can pick em up for around $150 and from experience I have found they work good, look good.

I think the front end is OK for road riding but the back is a bit harsh in the action. I need to decide how long I'm planning on keeping the bike before splashing out a grand + on an aftermarket shock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pink bunny!
That's awesome man. I need a pillion passenger like that!

Lmao. How do you not have a video to post of the sound? I’m sure its hilarious to just randomaly use that around people.
Slipspace made a good one :laugh:

Someone else got the bell as well! ? Kmart had sold out of the pink unicorn bells so I had to go with the green dino.
It always gets a chuckle from the cyclists I pass.
I love using it on cyclists when I'm passing and watching them move over the the passing cyclist. :D

WHERE CAN I ORDER ONE OF THESE?!?! :surprise:
Kmart bro. :biggrin:

This is brilliant! I used to have a pink cat squeaky horn on my Grom. Never thought of putting something like that on the Ninja!
Pics or it didn't happen :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hear ya. :grin:
It's easy to over capatilise on these cheap to buy bikes. I may get some ebay rearsets when they come available as you can pick em up for around $150 and from experience I have found they work good, look good.

I think the front end is OK for road riding but the back is a bit harsh in the action. I need to decide how long I'm planning on keeping the bike before splashing out a grand + on an aftermarket shock.
When you say "harsh" what do you mean, in practical terms?

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
When you say "harsh" what do you mean, in practical terms?
It lacks adequate damping control of the stroke action to smooth out the rough bits. ie it kicks your butt on a rough road with small sharp bumps in it and on long bumps or undulations when cornering it can wallow or pogo. But you have to push it hard to induce the second characteristic.

I didnt mean to sound critical though as it's an $8000 NZD bike and the suspension is built to a price point.
If I jump on my buddies Triumph Daytona with fully adjustable Ohlins suspension for example I can feel the difference straight away. It's night and day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far at 1 week old, just getting started:
- Anodizing racing exhaust (actually sounds decent for a crap amazon exhaust)
- woodcraft clipons
- R6 throttle tube

On the way:
- ergo seat (taller)

Coming this winter:
- ohlins front and rear
- asv levers
- double bubble screen
- driven rearsets
- fender eliminator
- K&N filter
- Power Commander
- Akra headpipe

Love this bike so far! Owned a lot of different bikes including liter bikes and this is one of the most fun. Will definitely be tracking this bike next year as well!

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Love this bike so far! Owned a lot of different bikes including liter bikes and this is one of the most fun. Will definitely be tracking this bike next year as well!
Totally agree, and I can’t wait to flog this baby around Sonoma Raceway (or as I call it “Sears Point”)...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts