Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jamie Astudillo, 17 and Dallas Daniels, 15 are competing in the Moto America Junior Cup with the Quarterley Racing - On Track Development Team on Ninja 400's. Look for them throughout the season.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
There's so much enjoyment watching the MotoAmerica Junior Cup Races. I think it has to do with the talent and the variety of manufacturers involved.

Reactions: Rider2112

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well if that ain't an ego buster, a 17 and 15 year old that can out ride everyone on the forums... Have my fingers crossed and wish you an amazing season at the Junior Cup Races - Good Luck You Guys.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Laguna Seca race was cra!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words

We ran the KTM Cup prior and I did like the fact that the bike had no bearing on the racing, just the rider. It was understandable to go to the Multiple brand format to follow WSS 300 class and as soon as we saw the Kawasaki 400 would be eligible, we jumped on it. We knew there was to be a balancing of the bikes, and we are restricted to 10,000 RPM, up from 9850 which we ran for one race from 12,000 originally, and our minimum weight is 145kg or 319 lbs. The smaller displacement R3 is allowed 13,000 RPM and 10 lbs. less to level things out. The KTM is restricted as well and just got 6 kg added before Laguna in an effort to balance them even closer. The Ninjas are running well but took some getting used to with a shorter RPM range to work from.
We should be good on engine life and maintenance at that kind of RPM. Maybe scrape some carbon off of the pistons mid season. :grin:

You can watch any of the Liqui-Moly Moto America Junior Cup races on Youtube in full length. Pretty amazing stuff.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love the whole Motoamerica series.
Good luck with the race season!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts