Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed my bike last month and wrecked my front. I'm working on the front fairing. Does any one know about the measure of these rivets? Thanks.

One big in 3rd pic and many same small ones in 1st pic.

Pic from Fairing removal Nuts and Bolts

Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Engineering Gas

White Light Black Tool Sleeve

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

·
Registered
930 Posts
Sorry, I have a Z not a Ninja. They look similar to the ones on my bike, but the bike is in storage. Have you tried the service / garage manual? Maybe you can the specs from there. Good luck!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I looked at my manual and they give only torque values, not the size of the rivets / bolts. Maybe someone else can chip in. In case you don't know, you can buy them from a Kawasaki dealer. I got some extra bolts because I lost the one that was holding the front left turn signal. Not dangerous, but the signal was moving in the wind and it was annoying.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not sure how these things are measured normally, but when it's in the locked position it is 21mm long. The head diameter is 11mm. The shaft is square shaped and measures a fraction over 5mm diagonally.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS, Pearl Storm Gray
421 Posts
I found these images on the web searching for "92039-0060"... Measuring it myself, 6.7mm seems to be the (contracted) body or hole diameter. I believe these are called 3-stage push rivets -- because they have 3 positions (pulled out for insertion, flush/inserted/expanded, and pushed in for removal).

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS, Pearl Storm Gray
421 Posts
Just to save someone else the trouble, out of curiosity I ordered some of these:

They are too small -- the (contracted) body or hole diameter is about 6.2mm, as compared to 6.7mm for the Kawasaki part.

Worse, the shoulder length seems to be 8.2mm/9.5mm, as compared to 9.7mm/11.3mm for the Kawasaki part (depending on which picture above you use for the dimension reference).

The overall length is right at 21mm and diameter is right at 11mm.

Using these, the lower cowling just pops out when you pull it a tiny bit.

Bummer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts