Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! So I'm going to be doing my first service soon and was wondering if i should get a magnetic drain bolt or not. Does anyone know the size or where i can purchase one? I can't find any info on this here or online.. Thanks!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm pretty sure the size is M12/1.5 x 20? something like that. I actually just bought a fumoto valve in that size to try and see if it works.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So is this size confirmed? For the magnetic oil drain plug?

And how do you add magnets to the oil filter pics please?

·
Registered
744 Posts
So is this size confirmed? For the magnetic oil drain plug?

And how do you add magnets to the oil filter pics please?

Yep, M12 X 1.5 mm pitch X 15~20 mm length. Norton and Spears sells em. Norton's bolt is 10 doll hairs cheaper. Both aluminum with pre-drilled holes for safety wiring. I got one and it does capture a small amount of fine powder sized metallic granules.

Adding the neo magnets to the oil filter would be an interesting experiment. If you want to try it, i would stick the magnets around the circumference of the filter, and NOT place any near the bottom where the bypass valve is. Magnets may interfere with it. And you don't want the bypass valve to be affected, that would be bad, but I never dissected the oil filter so not sure what the proximity is. Not gonna bother unless I get completely bored, cause that's the filter's function which will be replaced with the oil anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts