Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those scooters aint playin! Yall two wheelers are all over the place! I love it! Dominating the roads! :ROFLMAO:
Right, it is amazing the difference in culture and attitude elsewhere regarding two wheels, this is one thing about the USA I cannot stand. I love the USA and very glad I live here, so don't get me wrong.

But the attitude and culture is backwards about people who ride, as if you are, just by riding a motorcycle, committing a crime and should be punished by death....let alone riding anywhere close to this way.
It is really sad to say the least

·
Super Moderator
666 Posts
Add in legal lane splitting and the anger turns into pure hate. At least once a day on the freeway, I will see a driver several cars up look at me through the side view mirror and inch over to the center, trying to block me. It's OK for me as I just go around the other side or wait 1 second until there is a gap. It's like I am taking something from them and they are going to fight for it. The good news is that I will be paying for my lunch about to leave while they are still looking for a parking place 😂 OK I feel better now

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Right, it is amazing the difference in culture and attitude elsewhere regarding two wheels, this is one thing about the USA I cannot stand. I love the USA and very glad I live here, so don't get me wrong.

But the attitude and culture is backwards about people who ride, as if you are, just by riding a motorcycle, committing a crime and should be punished by death....let alone riding anywhere close to this way.
It is really sad to say the least
YES. I think there's a lack of patience and a lack of general respect for others. It doesn't take much to just sit in a car and get your chill on. It's totally different on 2wheels...you're getting a workout just by holding the bike up. You would think that people in cars would have a bit more understanding about this...and not take it as a PERSONAL attack. There is a lack of common sense as well.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Add in legal lane splitting and the anger turns into pure hate. At least once a day on the freeway, I will see a driver several cars up look at me through the side view mirror and inch over to the center, trying to block me. It's OK for me as I just go around the other side or wait 1 second until there is a gap. It's like I am taking something from them and they are going to fight for it. The good news is that I will be paying for my lunch about to leave while they are still looking for a parking place 😂 OK I feel better now
Correct! Even if Texas makes it legal to lane split, there's no way I'd do it in my city, although it would be a huge convenience to me. In Houston, many people feel personally attacked when they see a motorcyclist take the shoulder or the "trouble lane" when we are in back-to-back traffic. They have no idea that sitting in traffic is not ideal for a motorcyclist because the potential to overheat very quickly; or that the biker feels ALL of the weather that day (whether it's cold or hot); or that we feel and smell all of that exhaust on the roads. So they think we are impatient and just wanna take "their spot" or the spot ahead of them. Again, a lack of common sense and a big dose of ignorance.

It's like you said...it's like they think we are stealing from them in some sort of way. A bike is a small object and will not impact the flow of traffic. Cars (more than big rigs do) because they are preoccupied with texting, talking, eating and whatever else. I actually prefer to be behind an 18-wheeler in traffic because they only stop when it's absolutely necessary, because they don't wanna go through all of those gears as well, so they'll drive sensibly and coast until they have to stop. Most motorists in my city have no clue what "coasting" means.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts