Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki EX400HJF Ninja, 2020 Kawasaki Z400
56 Posts
Just for giggles I've been playing around with a SuperTrapp similar can fabricated in Las Vegas.
Right now 5 discs with the closed cap is near perfect on the road. Did run an open cap with 1 disc for a bit, though that setup would benefit from an ecu flash. It'll never have the topend of a Spark but what the heck, the local constable is already mad at me. 😀That SuperTrapp looks really nice! Is it model specific to the Z400, and who makes it? Where can I get one?
View attachment 24972

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Just for giggles I've been playing around with a SuperTrapp similar can fabricated in Las Vegas.
Right now 5 discs with the closed cap is near perfect on the road. Did run an open cap with 1 disc for a bit, though that setup would benefit from an ecu flash. It'll never have the topend of a Spark but what the heck, the local constable is already mad at me. 😀
View attachment 24972
oh wow! Supertrapp exhaust! Been a long time since I've seen this system. Bet it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Z400 2023
4 Posts
I bought my Z400 with the intent of riding well into my Senior years. I mostly ride in the twisties near Santa Cruz CA but have moved farther North so now forced to ride more freeway to get there. Just thought I'd share what my Z400 looks like, going on two years and a list of mods. Latest is a full Musarri Exhaust System. Vagabond Fender eliminator, Larger Kawasaki Screen, Sharai lithium battery, Spears Racing clutch springs, Norton Motorsports seat, 15 tooth front sprocket, Zeta bar risers (1'up, 1' back), Kawasakibrad.com evap and pair valve eliminated, 02 sensor elimination (ordered), Custom fork work and preload adjusters (this week), shorty levers (generic), Bar end mirrors (generic, some custom work)....and Grip Puppies. Upon installing the full exhaust I thought it would run like garbage without a proper flash however it now runs much smoother, quieter, and the temperature gauge runs much cooler. The CAT retained a lot of heat. Also it doesn't pop and crackle like when I had the CAT and Coffman's.
Kawasakibrad says his 02 elimination plug adds 3% more fuel to the mixture. I do not race just a old guy riding the canyons so I may avoid flashing the ecu.
Please post some of your photos, would like to see some Z400s!! View attachment 19159
My goodness you have all the bells and whistles, make it a goal to get to your senior years. LoL
I am in my mid 60's and just purchased a Z400 2023. Love it and hope to ride till I'm 100.
Bit pissed off I won't be getting a letter from the Queen. Haha

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
My goodness you have all the bells and whistles, mak am in my mid 60's and just purchased a Z400 2023. Love it and hope to ride till I'm 100.
Bit pissed off I won't be getting a letter from the Queen. Haha
Thanks malcom zeeb, We Seniors have to make our presents known! Just turned 70 with no intentions of quitting. I ride with a couple of friends and solo. This little machine is perfect for how and where I ride. Had to be honest with myself and not let ego and horsepower guide me. Do we get a letter from the queen when we turn 100? Maybe the king will carry on. Cheers, safe and fun rides await us.
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Thanks malcom zeeb, We Seniors have to make our presents known! Just turned 70 with no intentions of quitting. I ride with a couple of friends and solo. This little machine is perfect for how and where I ride. Had to be honest with myself and not let ego and horsepower guide me. Do we get a letter from the queen when we turn 100? Maybe the king will carry on. Cheers, safe and fun rides await us. View attachment 25507
Boy, I just think the green '19 Z is the fairest in all the land
🐉

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my Z400 with the intent of riding well into my Senior years. I mostly ride in the twisties near Santa Cruz CA but have moved farther North so now forced to ride more freeway to get there. Just thought I'd share what my Z400 looks like, going on two years and a list of mods. Latest is a full Musarri Exhaust System. Vagabond Fender eliminator, Larger Kawasaki Screen, Sharai lithium battery, Spears Racing clutch springs, Norton Motorsports seat, 15 tooth front sprocket, Zeta bar risers (1'up, 1' back), Kawasakibrad.com evap and pair valve eliminated, 02 sensor elimination (ordered), Custom fork work and preload adjusters (this week), shorty levers (generic), Bar end mirrors (generic, some custom work)....and Grip Puppies. Upon installing the full exhaust I thought it would run like garbage without a proper flash however it now runs much smoother, quieter, and the temperature gauge runs much cooler. The CAT retained a lot of heat. Also it doesn't pop and crackle like when I had the CAT and Coffman's.
Kawasakibrad says his 02 elimination plug adds 3% more fuel to the mixture. I do not race just a old guy riding the canyons so I may avoid flashing the ecu.
Please post some of your photos, would like to see some Z400s!! View attachment 19159
Flash, after researching the Z400, this post convinced me it would be the right ride for me as well. I'm sourcing add-ons in the event I pull the trigger on a new one. I really like the looks of the Musarri exhaust. I could only find it available on Ebay, and they only accept Paypal which I really don't like to use. Do you know of any other sources for it?

Thanks,
seniorider

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)
Flash, after researching the Z400, this post convinced me it would be the right ride for me as well. I'm sourcing add-ons in the event I pull the trigger on a new one. I really like the looks of the Musarri exhaust. I could only find it available on Ebay, and they only accept Paypal which I really don't like to use. Do you know of any other sources for it?

Thanks,
seniorider
You will not be disappointed with a Z400 however takes some tweaks to set it for your comfort and riding style. But it might be perfect for you right out of the dealer. I think ebay is Musarri's main outlet into America. I also dislike paypal for all their rules but might be worth it for a one time purchase. There are plenty of slip on canisters but removing the catalytic converter really opened my engine up. CA has no inspections. You'd think Musarri is from Japan but they are actually made in Italy. Stock seat sucks mostly because it leans you into the gas tank. Stock Dunlop tires are plenty good for street riding and they are amongst the least expensive. Hope you buy a Z400!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've taken note of the various upgrades you did and they pretty much match what I did on my last bike. It was a Harley. I've owned 3 Sportsters, not their huge Big Twins. I upgraded the exhaust and A/C and added a Dynojet Powervision to adjust the injection and add digital gauges on its touch screen. Initially I used an XiED device similar to the kawasaki brad unit to prevent any lean condition. I only went with the Powervision because it can display up to 4 additional gauges for live output from signals in the ECU.

My last Sportster was their first bobber model having the lowest seat ever offered at 25", and padding was probably close to the same as the Z. Due to the laid back seating I never was crunched into the tank. It happened once on my GS500 when I did a hard stop at a traffic light with my wife on the back. It was a traumatic experience requiring much ibuprofen.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts