Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t post here much, usually if I’m looking for part recommendations I’ll lurk, but here is the current state of my 2019 Z400. Vagabond tail tidy, Musarri slip on, MZS bar end mirrors and swing-arm spools, Shogun frame sliders, Customtaylor33 reflective rim tape, and the oem lower fairing/cowling added.

Also have the loops under the rear seat for Kreiga drybags, right to the subframe.

Got the bike March 2020, taking it in this weekend for 24 000 km service.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive parking light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,157 Posts
I just got a set of the same bar end mirrors but in a red with clear non tinted glass.

I see you kept your bar ends and attached the mirrors to those, how did that work out for you on fitment?
Is there a lot of fuzziness in the mirrors when riding?

I'm asking because the bar end ugs that come with these mirrors are a bit cheesy and want to use my Driven bar end plugs, which are weighted for the mirror mounts. 🤞

Nice bike too and well laid out with what you've done. 😍🔥

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did it last fall, I wish I’d taken more photos. After getting the mirrors and seeing exactly what I was working with, I used the bar end adapter they came with to clamp the mirrors to, but bought longer bolts to accommodate my oem weighted bar ends. But I also put several washers/nylon washer, maybe even a rubber washer, I can’t recall as I bought a number of options so I didn’t have to make 80 trips to the store. I used the washers to allow the bar end to tighten down but still have the outer part isolated so it would reduce vibrations. Not sure if I’m making sense lol. The washers went between the oem bar end, and the mirror supplied bar end.

These photos don’t help a lot but maybe a bit

I just got a set of the same bar end mirrors but in a red with clear non tinted glass.

I see you kept your bar ends and attached the mirrors to those, how did that work out for you on fitment?
Is there a lot of fuzziness in the mirrors when riding?

I'm asking because the bar end ugs that come with these mirrors are a bit cheesy and want to use my Driven bar end plugs, which are weighted for the mirror mounts. 🤞

Nice bike too and well laid out with what you've done. 😍🔥
Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grass

Automotive tire Cosmetics Gas Tints and shades Cylinder

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you notice any differents in vibration? The stock mirrors have isolator that maybe help with vibration a bit. Can you see clearly with them?
my stock mirrors always had a bit of vibration, was difficult to clearly see vehicle (could be seen, but couldn’t tell if a police suv vs normal suv for example). I find the bar end mirrors more clear. Slight vibration but in my case, an improvement.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Boy, those Z's sure are sharp bikes. 🐉
One thing about the Z to Ninja change is on the Z you can control your mirror angle when you are like pulling out. I miss that. You could make a small sweep by turning the bars for a better view around/behind you. Just one of the little differences. Didn't think a thing about it till I couldn't do it anymore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Zelda is a perfect name for your Z400! My bike's computer says I'm getting 55 mpg but checked it manually it shows 58 mpg. I plan on riding my Z400 for many years.
Thanks! I never really refer to my motorcycles by "name" but I find it amusing to come up with them. I plan to ride my Z for many years, as well, as long as I am not too tempted by another model. So far, the Kawasaki Z400 and the Honda CB500X have been the best fits for me. Both great in their own ways, but both are modest, economical, cheap to maintain, and reliable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just for giggles I've been playing around with a SuperTrapp similar can fabricated in Las Vegas.
Right now 5 discs with the closed cap is near perfect on the road. Did run an open cap with 1 disc for a bit, though that setup would benefit from an ecu flash. It'll never have the topend of a Spark but what the heck, the local constable is already mad at me. 😀
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting

81 - 100 of 123 Posts