Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Update: Stock ecu and the full Musarri exhaust with silencer installed, 02sensor removed and plugged, replaced with an kawasakibrad dummy plug. Rode 100 miles today with freeway up to 90, extreme twisty canyon roads and high speed coastal highway. The temperature gauge never rose above 4 bars, mostly at 3 bars. She just purred like a kitten at all rpm. Had professional suspension work done so I'm riding with more confidence in the tight stuff. 56.5 mpg, I don't ride at race pace. I'm very happy with my Z400, it's just a super little machine!
Did the Kawibrad plug help twitchy throttle?

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Dig your wind screen! I would like more protection on the freeway. Is the ride quieter? Does it buffet your helmet at high speeds? Is it adjustable? How is it mounted? Figured I ask all at once.
Mighty fine stable!
Its a Puig. 5022. I think. Ride is much more protected, very little buffeting. Wind shear hits at rhe top of the visor. Completely protects upper torso because its wider than most. Somewhat adjustable but not a lot. Rests on the top of the dash cowl with a neoprene strip for cushioning, and clamps to the bars. Very stable, been on the bike since it was 2 weeks old. Would put the same one on again.
🐉

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Boy, those Z's sure are sharp bikes. 🐉
One thing about the Z to Ninja change is on the Z you can control your mirror angle when you are like pulling out. I miss that. You could make a small sweep by turning the bars for a better view around/behind you. Just one of the little differences. Didn't think a thing about it till I couldn't do it anymore.

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Thanks malcom zeeb, We Seniors have to make our presents known! Just turned 70 with no intentions of quitting. I ride with a couple of friends and solo. This little machine is perfect for how and where I ride. Had to be honest with myself and not let ego and horsepower guide me. Do we get a letter from the queen when we turn 100? Maybe the king will carry on. Cheers, safe and fun rides await us. View attachment 25507
Boy, I just think the green '19 Z is the fairest in all the land
🐉

1 - 20 of 20 Posts