Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you ride like that? I prefer open roads with little traffic to ride fast.
This section of the highway is along my daily commute. Traffic slows down here to 50mph usually for no reason. Highway CHP on bike's do this all the time as well and I sometimes follow behind. Plus, the other driver's are very mindful of riders in my area when sharing the roads.

Hope you read my vid description, I don't suggest to ride like this and I know it's frowned upon in other states .. but sometimes we all can get a little throttle happy and this was the highlight of my commute. Plus, its also intended for those that think our 400's cannot handle highway speeds and only think of them as slow commuter scooters 馃槗

Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 馃槀馃悪
That 7th gear didn't quite go as planned. 馃槀馃憤
I do that every now and then in the car. 馃馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
Maybe we should both slow down a bit but enjoying the ride takes too priority.
Nice video. 馃

Vendor
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400
Nice video. 馃
Enjoy the traffic? **** that, that's why I don't ride the street anymore.

Registered
2018 krt
Hmm. I love that CA allows lane sharing. However xrival13x, you should do some self critic before your next one.

1. Crossing into the median over the yellow is illegal. You will eventually get yourself or someone else injured or killed.

2. What you are actually doing is called excessive lane changing at high speed above the speed limit. The cops can pull you over for that. Every time you weave across that dashed white line adds up. There are laws for excessive lane changing.

3. Lane sharing is actually staying IN a lane and sharing. Yeah, huge gray zones with this point.

4. Weave less, stay straight line more. Every time you weave left and right you detract your ability to turn back the other direction in case you need to avoid a new obstacle. Small point, by coincides with 2 and 3 above.

5. Why are you waving to people with your right throttle and front brake hand? You reduce your ability to react every time you do this. If you want to acknowledge someone doing something, use a foot. If they dont understand, who cares?

6. Ask yourself if you really want to promote yourself as being a ****? Yeah, a bad rider. Yes. That is exactly what you are posting. You are showing us all how you want to endanger others doing something in an unsafe manner that risks other people and property excessively.

I sure do hope at least you have proper riding gear. Alas, my money is on NOT. Full body? Body armour? Not just jeans? Why? Because riding like this, you are going to need them.

And finally, sorry. Sorry i am writing this. However i think it is important to remind people things like this are NOT cool. It feels exhilerating and i get the desire to share. Just please wake up and realize how stupid your riding is in that video and change your habit before it changes you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice video. 馃
That 7th gear hit hurts my soul 馃槥

Following behind slow traffic gives me anxiety. Love to excercise the freedom the 400 gives me now on work commutes 馃馃徎

Registered
N650
I disagree with NinjaBird on some points. CA lane splitting on the freeway involves that little back and forth dance over the dashed white line, every rider does it during commute hours. Though I don't split at these speeds. Personally I start splitting when the traffic drops to below 40-45 ... however I have seen some crazy fast splitters, not for me.

Vendor
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400
I disagree with NinjaBird on some points. CA lane splitting on the freeway involves that little back and forth dance over the dashed white line, every rider does it during commute hours. Though I don't split at these speeds. Personally I start splitting when the traffic drops to below 40-45 ... however I have seen some crazy fast splitters, not for me.
Agreed, if you watch moto cops even, the best is to give as much room to the vehicle you're passing and get out in front as quickly as possible.

I'm an asshat who lane splits at 100mph regardless, but again I ride the street so rarely it doesn't really matter to me.

Registered
Hmm. I love that CA allows lane sharing. However xrival13x, you should do some self critic before your next one.

1. Crossing into the median over the yellow is illegal. You will eventually get yourself or someone else injured or killed.

2. What you are actually doing is called excessive lane changing at high speed above the speed limit. The cops can pull you over for that. Every time you weave across that dashed white line adds up. There are laws for excessive lane changing.

3. Lane sharing is actually staying IN a lane and sharing. Yeah, huge gray zones with this point.

4. Weave less, stay straight line more. Every time you weave left and right you detract your ability to turn back the other direction in case you need to avoid a new obstacle. Small point, by coincides with 2 and 3 above.

5. Why are you waving to people with your right throttle and front brake hand? You reduce your ability to react every time you do this. If you want to acknowledge someone doing something, use a foot. If they dont understand, who cares?

6. Ask yourself if you really want to promote yourself as being a ****? Yeah, a bad rider. Yes. That is exactly what you are posting. You are showing us all how you want to endanger others doing something in an unsafe manner that risks other people and property excessively.

I sure do hope at least you have proper riding gear. Alas, my money is on NOT. Full body? Body armour? Not just jeans? Why? Because riding like this, you are going to need them.

And finally, sorry. Sorry i am writing this. However i think it is important to remind people things like this are NOT cool. It feels exhilerating and i get the desire to share. Just please wake up and realize how stupid your riding is in that video and change your habit before it changes you.
I have ridden with you NinjaBird. We road fast and smooth on the canyon roads. High speed is not an issue for me and I throughly enjoy my rides. But upping the percentage of chance in traffic is not fun for me and does not give me any kind of fulfillment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts