Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a helmet that does well with the krt green? I like it from a high visibility stand point and, since I need a new helmet, I think I might go this route. Anyone have a model that seems to match well or accent it well?

Purely a vanity question...I know!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Has anyone found a helmet that does well with the krt green? I like it from a high visibility stand point and, since I need a new helmet, I think I might go this route. Anyone have a model that seems to match well or accent it well?

Purely a vanity question...I know!
Shoei x-14 Laverty

Also, I did some research as well for green helmets...here is a list that I composed before I select my Laverty:

https://www.ninja400riders.com/foru...arel-discussion/1797-my-gear-2.html#post29747

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! I anticipated a pile of "who cares...it is safety equipment" posts. I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I keep eyeing this one... but I don't know if I can justify the update just for the color...
ok ok..if we want..we can justify anything we buy...:grin::nerd::grin:

If I had TiaMc's money, I would probably be eyeing the X-14...:)

https://amzn.to/2MJHrkh

Attachments

Reactions: genx400 and TaiMc

·
Registered
145 Posts
I keep eyeing this one... but I don't know if I can justify the update just for the color...

Helmet colour is always a very important issue.

That's a nice helmet. The RF-1200 would be more suited for the N400. A nice safe sport helmet without the aerodynamics for insane speeds. And I think the X-14 is also lighter, hence the big difference in price.

·
Registered
656 Posts

This is what you need Fuby, Its a modular helmet - Shoei NeoTec watch the video review NeoTec II Revzilla I wear last yrs model and love it.

The front flips up so you can talk to the girls at Arbys, Eat & Drink while you ride.. You dont have to take the helmet off ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is what you need Fuby,

Pssst...it is not "Lime Green".. don't be "pushing" that black Ninja stuff on us Green "Special Edition" riders...pffft... :grin::angel::grin:

Reactions: Mr Mike and TaiMc

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thats the first time I seen the flagger green on a Kaw... I thought they would match pretty close..

how about this...

Ofcourse..we have to check the safety factor besides the Graphics...

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Laverty is gorgeous....but ouch on the price!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The Laverty is gorgeous....but ouch on the price!
Worth EVERY PENNY imo. I realized the other day...when I was stopped at a light, people were slowly inching forward in their vehicles to get a look. I attribute it to my helmet and my bike MATCHIN'! It's hawt I must admit. When i see my helmet resting on my bike i'm like "Snapppp! Yass!" LOL!

Also, it feels amazinggg...air flow is wonderful. Just make sure all of your vents are open (ofc).

Only thing is the Shoei x-14 doesn't have a tinted drop down lens...so I bought the transition lens that goes with it. Really simple to replace. But that transition lens was freakin pricey tho bruh. If you get the transition lens with the helmet you gonna pay $1k. Transition face shield was $160 and I got that after the discount.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-cwr-1-photochromic-pinlock-ready-face-shield

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lovely! But it doesn't match that Kawi green tho.

At 550.00 cheaper than a x-14...umm yeah..I can see some green that matches in the Airmada Lepricon (it certainly has more Green than Mr Mike's black helmet..):grin::wink::grin:..
lepricon-green-helmet.png

I am sure the X-14 must be worth it... but, for a person who use to never wear a helmet (granted, the safety first Gods are right) .. then a beanie(laws go into effect)... I am just not a 1000.00 helmet buyer... even if I believe my head is worth every penny.. there are only so many pennies...lol

Then there is always the 30 dollar option for Kaw Green with a black helmet.. a Fur cover..:)

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
At 550.00 cheaper than a x-14...umm yeah..I can see some green that matches in the Airmada Lepricon (it certainly has more Green than Mr Mike's black helmet..):grin::wink::grin:..

I am sure the X-14 must be worth it... but, for a person who use to never wear a helmet (granted, the safety first Gods are right) .. then a beanie(laws go into effect)... I am just not a 1000.00 helmet buyer... even if I believe my head is worth every penny.. there are only so many pennies...lol
Hahahhaah I feel it! :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts