Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has broken into the airbox yet and if anyones done it to the 400 or any other bikes and have some input. I would really like to get that situated before trying anything else because I read that you can hydro lock engines riding wheelies to long

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dont think hydro locking is right, that's when water get into the engine and prevents it from rotating the crank due to water in the combustion chamber. But, I do know that some bikes will oil starve due to the style of lubrication system. I don't know how the 400 is set up for that so I can't provide any further helpful info. The airbox should be an issue unless you gut it and ride through some serious rain/wet weather though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think hydro locking is right, that's when water get into the engine and prevents it from rotating the crank due to water in the combustion chamber. But, I do know that some bikes will oil starve due to the style of lubrication system. I don't know how the 400 is set up for that so I can't provide any further helpful info. The airbox should be an issue unless you gut it and ride through some serious rain/wet weather though.
i guess hydro locking isn't the correct term im talking about oil getting into the throttle bodies and gunking up everything i guess once i strip my bike ill take a look see if i see any oil residue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts