Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a couple of these now for my race bikes but was thinking of getting one for the N400 as I think they look better and save a small amount of weight which appeals to my lighter is faster policy.

The Bonamici one Moto D have on their site is crazy money at $150
https://www.motodracing.com/bonamici-kawasaki-ninja-400-cnc-gas-cap-black-green

So... was wondering if the N300 ones are compatible? Anybody with both bikes care to offer some advice?

I've found this one on ebay for $50:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-N...m=231006057029&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Or even cheaper an old EX250 one:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Billet-...952069?hash=item2838f01d45:g:~tgAAOSwl2haMjLi

Any one got any thoughts on that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I like the look of keyless fuel caps but I'm a little paranoid having one on a bike primarily used for the streets where anyone could open and mess with the fuel.

Reactions: Elvis44

·
Registered
178 Posts
I might be able to check (swap) the 300/400 caps sometime this week, to check for you.

On my 14R, I actually tried a different type of cap than the threaded one:

Having used the threaded type, I find this a little more convenient. On the 14R, it saves 8 oz of weight. Not sure if there is something like this that will fit the 400, but I will be looking...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've bought a couple of these now for my race bikes but was thinking of getting one for the N400 as I think they look better and save a small amount of weight which appeals to my lighter is faster policy.

So... was wondering if the N300 ones are compatible? Anybody with both bikes care to offer some advice?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-N...m=231006057029&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Billet-...952069?hash=item2838f01d45:g:~tgAAOSwl2haMjLi

Any luck on sorting your keyless fuel cap?

I had one from Driven on my Yamaha R3, not i can't use it for my N400.

Paid close to 200NZD for that:mad:

Want to go towards chinese supplier now.

Save my penny please!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any luck on sorting your keyless fuel cap?

I had one from Driven on my Yamaha R3, not i can't use it for my N400.

Paid close to 200NZD for that:mad:

Want to go towards chinese supplier now.

Save my penny please!
The short answer is no and I never heard back from @Warp12 whether the N300 ones are compatible or not.

The Chinese sellers either didnt reply or just stated the obvious that it wasn't for the 400.
They will make them in time though. I always buy sub $50NZD Chinese cheapies for my bikes.

·
Registered
460 Posts

I had key gas cap on my race N300, I do know the N400 has 4 bolt holes, check the N300 if it has 4 bolts it might just fit.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
What keyless gas caps are available?

This bike has been out for a year now and as far as I can tell the only options for aftermarket gas caps are Driven, Bonamici and a whole bunch of cheap chinese ones on ebay. The Driven and Bonamici are around $150 which is stupid expensive for a gas cap (on my last few bikes I had old style Vortex which I got for around $50-70). I keep waiting on Spears to release his, but it's been saying "available soon" for the last few months. Are there any other options that I've missed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
there are a couple on ebay . eBay item number:123621597135 they are from china .I bought one for my versys that works great and it only took a couple of weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm waiting on this type to be made for the Ninja. It's a Chinese one but I have bought this for my last two race bikes and it works well and I like the styling. Oh and it's not $150.
I've emailed a couple of sellers now and they just keep saying that 'its coming'. So is Xmas.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Billet-Bla...h=item5202b98b8d:g:rJQAAOSw6DVaMb2d:rk:1:pf:0

I was so confused about this thread and how my post ended up on here lol Clearly I didn't realize there already was a thread on this so you merged my thread with this one :)

That one looks like a copy of the old Vortex style which is what I have on the R3 and what I had on the ZX6R. They work well, not the best design I've seen, but they're solid, simple and not as expensive. I'd prefer to stay away from the chinese ebay stuff though, so I'm hoping there are other more reputable options for under $100.

Delivery time 42 days, and a website I'm not familiar with...I'll pass on that.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was so confused about this thread and how my post ended up on here lol Clearly I didn't realize there already was a thread on this so you merged my thread with this one :)
Yep I do this so that when someone does a search they can find all the info in one thread rather than being scattered all round the site. Call it house keeping.
However if anyone particularly want's their own thread separate then just let me know and I can split it off, no probs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really like the Driven Halo Cap. It is pretty pricey though it is like $84 for the base and another $84 for the cap, I know rezvilla has them cheaper and sport bike track gear has them for like $76 each. They look awesome but I just don't know if I want a non locking cap. I don't like the idea that someone could mess with my fuel. Way to many people out there who hate motorcyclist and just look for an excuse to mess with us, pouring something in my fuel tank is easy way to do it when you have a non locking cap.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I really like the Driven Halo Cap. It is pretty pricey though it is like $84 for the base and another $84 for the cap, I know rezvilla has them cheaper and sport bike track gear has them for like $76 each. They look awesome but I just don't know if I want a non locking cap. I don't like the idea that someone could mess with my fuel. Way to many people out there who hate motorcyclist and just look for an excuse to mess with us, pouring something in my fuel tank is easy way to do it when you have a non locking cap.

The same can be said for the oil cap. I bought a PUIG oil cap for my bike but i have 2 issues with it;

- It doesn't come with the proper o ring. Nor the threads I think.
- The locking is an allen screw which anyone / you yourself can mess it and then it's locked for good.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

Well my application is strictly for track so I don't care about that. But on the other hand, most vehicles out there have a gas cap that's easily accessible. Anyone could pour anything in the gas tank of my new truck if they want too. I guess manufacturers just hope that doesn't happen.

Although I have a friend who went through that mess once. He had a GMC Canyon truck and someone in his neighborhood poured cooking oil in his gas tank. Messed up his whole fueling system. Luckily it was covered at no cost to him, but it was a PITA and it was in the shop for a few weeks getting a lot of things replaced and cleaned out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the old style Vortex on my zx6r.it has a check valve (spring and ball)and a good quality gasket.its 8 years old no problems.i would be carful cheaping out on a cap that has a mechanical vent system.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well my application is strictly for track so I don't care about that. But on the other hand, most vehicles out there have a gas cap that's easily accessible. Anyone could pour anything in the gas tank of my new truck if they want too. I guess manufacturers just hope that doesn't happen.

Although I have a friend who went through that mess once. He had a GMC Canyon truck and someone in his neighborhood poured cooking oil in his gas tank. Messed up his whole fueling system. Luckily it was covered at no cost to him, but it was a PITA and it was in the shop for a few weeks getting a lot of things replaced and cleaned out.
I had a friend who had an exgirlfriend that poured maple syrup into the gas tank of his car, ruined the whole engine. She was caught and arrested because she bragged about it to her girlfriends and one of them told my friend and the police lol.

I just worry about bikes more than cars though, it seems like more and more people hate on motorcyclist and just look for an excuse to mess with us.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I had a friend who had an exgirlfriend that poured maple syrup into the gas tank of his car, ruined the whole engine. She was caught and arrested because she bragged about it to her girlfriends and one of them told my friend and the police lol.

I just worry about bikes more than cars though, it seems like more and more people hate on motorcyclist and just look for an excuse to mess with us.

That's true. Plus if you live near St. Louis like indicated on your profile, then there are plenty of reasons to be worried about that lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts